Notre Dame Preparatory School, an independent, Catholic school for girls in grades 6-12 in Towson with nearly 8,000 living alumnae, is seeking an Upper-Level Assistant Principal. The right candidate will enjoy working in a mission-driven, religious educational setting. The school seeks applicants who reflect and support a commitment to educating young women in the tradition of the School Sisters of Notre Dame to be loving, just, and wise. Employment is full-time beginning July 1.
The Upper-Level Assistant Principal directly reports to the Upper-Level Principal.
· Foster the school’s Catholic identity and charism of the School Sisters of Notre Dame.
· Oversee steering committee and coordination of accreditation protocol.
· Coordinate and assist in annual observations of Upper-Level Faculty.
· Supervise “Women In” internship program (WIN) and Humanities program.
· Supervise Coordinator of Educational Technology as pertains to academics.
· Oversee and monitor student academic progress, collaborating with faculty and parents to support student success.
· Review academic data to inform strategic direction of instructional strategies and continuous improvement.
· Coordinate approval of guest speakers for individual classes in the Upper-Level.
· Coordinate use of Federal Title Grant funds as well as MSDE Textbook Grant funds.
· Serve as administrative liaison to the Advanced Placement (AP) program.
· Collaborate with level principals to provide schoolwide professional development and in-service opportunities.
· Oversee external professional development opportunities, tuition reimbursement, and certification for faculty.
· Support the Dean of Students with field trips and experiential learning opportunities.
· Support the Academic Dean in the appropriate phasing of students.
· Support the Academic Dean in the mentoring of new faculty.
· Oversee the Crisis Management Plan for the school.
· Oversee substitute faculty and provide support to department chairs for long-term needs.
· Other duties as assigned by Head of School or Upper-Level Principal.
The ideal candidate will possess:
· Master’s degree
· Minimum of 5 years teaching experience, preferably at the Upper Level
· Supervisory experience, preferably at the Upper Level
· Demonstrated support of the teachings of the Catholic Church
· Commitment to 21st-century learning and awareness of current trends affecting education.
· Ability to collaborate.
· Excellent communication skills
Interested candidates should forward a resume and contact information for three references to the following: https://notredamepreparatoryschool.easyapply.co.
Notre Dame Preparatory School is dedicated to the ideals of transformative education. Inspired by the School Sisters of Notre Dame, the school’s founding order, NDP’s dedicated, creative, and extraordinary faculty present an outstanding educational experience, simultaneously rooted in the liberal arts and relevant to today’s society. Through hands-on projects, experiential learning, and foundational coursework, NDP students think critically, solve problems creatively, and communicate clearly. Outside of the classroom, co-curricular and extra-curricular experiences develop their confidence and leadership. The school’s spiritual and justice mission, rooted in the Gospel and inspired by the SSND charism of unity, anchors students as they seek to become loving, just, and wise young women ready to change the world for the better.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY STATEMENT
Consistent with all applicable laws, Notre Dame Preparatory School will recruit, hire, train, and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other bases prohibited by law, provided the individual is qualified, with or without reasonable accommodations, to perform the essential functions of the job.
All employment decisions shall be consistent with the principle of equal employment opportunity, and only valid job qualifications will be required.
Notre Dame Preparatory School is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled