** Noa Botanicals has a mandatory vaccine policy, please contact HR for more details **
Product Specialists at Noa Botanicals are responsible for patient and caregiver intake, product transactions, and providing excellent customer service to a variety of audiences. The Product Specialist must maintain a thorough understanding of medical marijuana varieties, derivatives, and infused products based on current offerings in the Hawaii market and current cannabis science. This position provides superior customer service and educational guidance to registered patients and caregivers. The Product Specialist must maintain a professional appearance, organized work environment, and dispensary appearance. The Product Specialist reports directly to the Dispensary Lead and Dispensary Store Manager.
Local applicants are preferred; relocation assistance will not be provided.
CORE JOB DUTIES (including but not limited to)
Customer Service & Sales:
· Greet patients and caregivers as they enter the dispensary. Provide exceptional service for new and returning patients, anticipate and answer any questions they may have, and provide outstanding new patient guidance.
· Obtain the appropriate documentation from each patient and caregiver at every visit, ensuring the validity of his or her identification and registration with the State.
· Record each visit using the patient management software, ensuring the accuracy of customer and caregiver information, and recording notes if necessary.
· Observe and maintain all applicable patient confidentiality requirements.
· Communicate with management to maintain a steady customer traffic flow to maximize sales and customer satisfaction.
· Meet and exceed set sales goals.
· Respond to and resolve customer requests, complaints, or compliments in person, through email, and on the phone, escalating for supervisor support as needed.
· Maintain organization of records, desk space, dispensary, and waiting room through daily upkeep and light cleaning.
Medical Marijuana Education & Guidance:
· Maintain knowledge of all applicable state and local laws, all medicine, products, and services provided, as well as documentation processes in accordance with the State of Hawaii.
· Maintain a basic understanding of the medicine, products and services provided at Noa Botanicals.
· Educate patients and caregivers on medicating options and methods, strain information, medicine effectiveness for specific ailments, and cultivation methods.
· Record specific requests, preferences, and notes concerning the customer and caregiver registration status using the patient management software.
· Collect payment and process transactions after order verification.
· Apply transaction amount to each customer’s allocated amount in accordance with state and local law.
· Prepare and build patient and caregiver online and pre-orders.
· Prepare documents as needed to assist customers’ intake and registration within our dispensary.
· Ensure accurate information is recorded for all patient and caregiver registration, sales, and preferences; and follows all guidelines issued by the State.
· Communicate inventory levels with the Dispensary Lead and Store Manager to maintain accurate menus and update menus as needed.
· Assist in audit and inventory tasks as assigned.
Additional duties assigned as needed.
· Working knowledge of State of Hawai’i laws, regulations, and rules related to medical marijuana.
· Accurate data entry and record keeping.
· Desire to learn about our products.
· Ability to answer multi-phone line system.
· Strong attention to detail, organizational skills, and time management abilities.
· Superior communication and customer service skills: Must be positive and welcoming.
· Proficiency and accuracy in using windows-based software, POS software, and internet navigation.
· Ability to work in a fast-paced, ever-changing, and challenging environment.
· Ability to work well, individually and in teams, with a diverse group of people. Must have excellent people skills.
EDUCATION AND BACKGROUND REQUIREMENTS
· Must be and remain compliant with all legal or company regulations for working in the cannabis industry.
· Minimum of 21 years of age as required by state statute.
· Must pass a background and fingerprint check, per applicable requirements set forth under state statute.
· 2-3 years of related customer service experience preferred.
· High School Diploma or GED required.
· Must have reliable transportation and flexibility in scheduling.
· Must have a valid driver’s license or state ID
· Must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19
· Working hours include holidays and weekends.
· This job function may include walking or standing for extended periods of time, as well as stooping, bending over and/or crouching.
· Must be able to lift, carry and balance up to 30 pounds (100 pounds with assistance).
Work Schedule: Varies; Monday - Sunday; 10a-8p
Work Locations: Honolulu, Kaneohe or Aeia Retail Store(s)
Job Type: Non-Exempt, Full-time
Starting Pay: $13/Hr ($14/Hr after 90-day assessment)