- High School diploma or higher-level education.
- One year hotel front office experience.
- Proper completion of all front office duties.
- Perform, as directed, the activities of the front desk, reservations, guest services, and telephone areas.
- Ensure the proper appearance of the lobby and all public areas, including the complimentary breakfast area.
- Send a daily end of the shift activity and accomplishment email to the Front Office Manager (FOM) and a copy to the General Manager.
- Be proficient in the use of the property management system.
- Have a good understanding of all hotel operating procedures.
- Comply with all existing and new front office and breakfast area policies and procedures.
- Comply with and honor the front office staff work schedules.
- Monitor the front office communications log.
- Read and initial the front office log on shift start and make appropriate entries at the end of the shift.
- Observe the Evergreen appearance and dress code/uniform policy.
- Attend weekly departmental meetings.
- Be proficient in the use of all front office equipment such as credit card machine, copier, and fax.
- Inform the FOM of any unique situations or unusual developments in front office operations.
- Handle guest complaints effectively.
- Be willing and able to work any shift, including audit and fill in when other employees are not able to work their scheduled shift.
- Process, as assigned, reservations by mail, telephone, fax, and central reservation systems referrals.
- Process, as assigned, reservations received from a sales office and other hotel departments.
- Have complete knowledge of room types and offered rate plans.
- Fully understand the hotel’s franchise policy on guaranteed reservations and no-shows.
- Process, as assigned, cancellations and modifications to reservations.
- Be knowledgeable of the local area, attractions, and events.
- Promote goodwill by being courteous, friendly, and helpful to guests, managers, and all other associates.
- Effective communication skills
- Pleasing personality
- Good team player
- Good listener
- Well-groomed and professional appearance.
- Open with praise, discrete with criticism.