ECO Canada is the steward for the Canadian environmental workforce across all industries. From job creation and wage funding, to training and labour market research – we champion the end-to-end career of an environmental professional. We work with the federal, provincial, and municipal governments in all Canadian regions to support economic growth and environmental stewardship as best practice.
As the leading provider of employment programs that contribute to the development of the environmental workforce for the past 20 years, we are the source for employers and candidates to receive wage funding support. Our program gives eligible employers who work in Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics (STEM) or Natural Resources up to 50% of a candidate’s salary for new full-time environmental jobs. As a team, we have created over 7500 jobs and are now looking for someone to help elevate the program to the next level.
When you work at ECO Canada, you are supporting the growth of an abundant environmental workforce. Along with competitive benefits and compensation, we provide the opportunity to work alongside a dynamic team that values collaboration, high performance and, of course, celebrating our successes! We believe that rewarding, meaningful work should be part of every step of the career journey.
Do you love a fast-paced environment? Are you someone who excels at taking initiative? Do you have the ability to handle a variety of tasks - and even the occasional unexpected challenge with a smile? If so, you might be ECO Canada’s new Administrative Assistant.
As a key member of the Employment Programs team, your role will be made up of responsibilities that help support and contribute to new and existing relationships and ultimately help participants further their career goals in the environmental industry. While each member of ECO Canada has individual responsibilities, ECO takes a team-based approach. Everyone is encouraged to take ownership of his/her ideas and to see them through to completion, collaborating with key influencers as required.
- Answer incoming team calls;
- Respond to general emails & filter/sort other emails that need to be addressed by Placement Coordinators;
- All administrative tasks related to the Placement Programs:
- Manage participants and host organizations through the application and approval process for the program
- Input data and track financials of the Placement Programs
- Manage contracts, budget and administrative paperwork with the participants and host organizations.
- Review and file placement documents;
- Maintain a positive, empathetic, and professional attitude toward program participants at all times;
- Be an ambassador for the Employment Programs, help participants and host organizations throughout their placements, including understanding the key success factors and resources available to ensure placement success;
- Provide support for data reporting and analytics;
- Assist in business development opportunities, which may include external email and call campaigns;
- Provide administrative support for the planning and execution of events and promotional activities;
- Opportunity to travel to conduct site visits, participate in networking events and other promotional or project specific events, as assigned;
- Reception coverage and other general office duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Education
You must have a post-secondary degree/diploma, 1+ years of administrative experience and possess the following skills:
- Great attitude and ability to maintain control while coordinating activities and balancing multiple priorities;
- Proficient computer skills and experience with MS Office;
- Strong organizational and time management skills combined with an acute attention to detail;
- Well-developed, independent work ethic along with ability to communicate with the team and external parties;
- Professional attitude with staff and clients with a focus on providing exceptional service;
- Motivated self-starter with a strong desire to learn and a willingness to adapt to a variety of situations;
- Administrative experience considered an asset;
- Bilingual in English and French considered an asset;
This role is a temporary position until March 31, 2024. If you feel you are the perfect fit for the position and looking to join a company culture that is fun, flexible and defined by our collective drive for success, please apply now through our website. Please upload your resume and cover letter as one PDF file. Applicants who do not include a cover letter will not be considered.
We thank all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.