Building Service Worker (Coquitlam)
We innovate | We have tenacity |We Empower | We get things done | We are Unique |We have fun
WHO WE ARE
GSL Group includes a wide range of businesses including Real Estate Development, Holdings, and Construction (Commercial, Industrial, Residential and Sports & Entertainment Facilities), E-Commerce, Sports and Entertainment, Travel & Hospitality, Food & Beverage, and Agriculture. Some include all Planet Ice arenas in the lower mainland, OfficePools, Save-On-Foods Memorial Centre in Victoria, the Victoria Royals and many more!
One of our locations – Planet Ice, located in the city of Coquitlam, British Columbia is currently seeking a few Building Service Workers (BSW). Reporting to the Operations Manager, this role is responsible for the overall cleanliness of the building, operation and maintenance of all areas of the facility, including four ice surfaces, common areas, and a restaurant.
SHIFT AVAILABILITIES: Saturday, Sundays, and graveyard shifts between 12:00 AM to 8:00 AM.
WAGE: $20.00 per hour plus shift differential ($2.50)
- Performs a variety of equipment operation and equipment maintenance duties
- Janitorial maintenance
- Communicates and maintains a good working relationship with other staff, the public, and most importantly the facility users
- Able to exercise some independence in judgment and action in accordance with established practices and procedures
- Ability to work with minimal supervision on various shifts as the arena operates 7 days a week, 24 hours per day
- Able to deal tactfully and firmly with groups and individuals to ensure observance of rules and regulations.
- High School diploma
- Valid BC Driver’s license
- WHMIS Training certificate
- Building Services Certificate with training
- A BC Government 4th Class power Engineer Certificate, Refrigeration Operators Ticket, or Ice Facility Operator Ticket, or willing to obtain a ticket during the probationary period.
- Knowledge of the methods, materials and equipment used in janitorial and building maintenance work
Please note that all employees must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, as per our Company policy.
GSL is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and are dedicated to providing a work environment that is free from harassment and discrimination. All employment decisions are made based on qualifications, job requirements and business needs. GSL is passionate about being known for an inclusive culture where talented people of all backgrounds want to work.
Please visit our careers page to see more job opportunities.
Apply for this Position