Glenlyon Norfolk School (GNS) is an independent day school that is a caring, and thriving community. As one of fifteen IB World Continuum schools in Canada offering three International Baccalaureate programs, GNS is proud of its unique 'IB Advantage': a 21st-Century education which educates the whole child and creates global thinkers.
We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the following opportunity who will share in our passion for preparing outstanding young men and women in making positive differences in the world.
Legacy Giving Officer
Regular, Part-time 0.5FTE
Start: as soon as possible
The Legacy Giving Officer will carry out initiatives to help maximize philanthropic support from the GNS community. Reporting to the Senior Development Manager and working closely with the fundraising team, this position will be responsible for engaging prospective donors and to participate in cultivation, solicitation and stewardship activities as it relates to legacy giving.
- Plan and organize regular weekly touch points with prospective donors and participate in strategy meetings on approach and next steps.
- Help to identify leads, track activity and responses ensuring that all contact points are accurately recorded, and coordinate communication with confirmed and prospective legacy giving donors.
- Provide weekly call reports on scheduled visits; solicit team support on visits when necessary.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of cultivation and stewardship plans for legacy giving donors and prospects.
- Collaborate closely with advancement colleagues to increase support from alumni; routinely identify and qualify alumni prospects and candidates for legacy giving.
- Establish, build, and maintain relationships with a wide range of alumni and maintain regular communication to engage and strengthen their connection to the School.
- Work with Marketing & Communications to generate materials and various communication pieces as it relates to alumni activities and news highlighting the achievements of GNS alumni.
- Work to create and maintain a successful legacy giving program providing donors with a wide range of giving options.
- Be fully versed on how to support donors to maximize charitable tax benefits.
- Draft gift agreements for review by prospects and their advisors with support and overview of the Deputy Head.
- Other relevant duties as assigned.
- College diploma or university degree in a related field
- Post-graduate certificate in a course of study such as Fund Development, Communications, Marketing and/or Non-profit Management, is an asset
- 2+ years of professional experience in the fields of fundraising, planned giving or direct-marketing would be considered an asset
Skills & Knowledge
- Must be results-driven, a self-starter and highly motivated with an interpersonal style that builds strong relationships with a diverse group of people.
- Demonstrated success in one-to-one personal gift solicitation and/or a strong aptitude for sales.
- Possess an understanding of marketing principles, donor recognition strategies and planned giving vehicles
- Must have a strong aptitude for networking and a proven track record of building strong relationships with key stakeholders
- High professional and ethical standards for handling confidential information.
- Current or former experience with GNS or familiarity with private/independent schools, an asset.
- A passion for education and the ability to build support for the School’s mission and vision
Glenlyon Norfolk School offers a comprehensive total compensation package and the opportunity to work with an exceptional community of professionals. Interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter indicating personal strengths and accomplishments as soon as possible.
This position will remain open until filled. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.