Part-Time Seasonal Retail Platz Assistant
Arts Quest Values Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging
Our employees are the most valuable assets we have. The collective sum of the individual differences, life experiences, knowledge, inventiveness, innovation, self-expression, unique capabilities, and talent that our employees invest in their work represents a significant part of not only our culture, but our reputation and the organization’s achievement as well.
At ArtsQuest a diverse, inclusive, and equitable workplace is one where all employees feel valued and respected whatever their age, color, disability, ethnicity, family or marital status, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, and/or veteran status. We embrace and encourage our employees’ characteristics that make them unique, because we value and appreciate diverse life experiences.
Reports to: Operations Manager
Direct Reports: None
Responsible for providing exceptional customer service and accurately processing customer purchases, for inventory control, merchandising and display of retail merchandise.
Job Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Providing exceptional customer service to our patrons
- Processing guest transactions using a computerized POS system/computer, including handling cash, credit/debit cards, gift cards, coupons, etc.
- Support of daily operations of Platz.
- Assisting with inventory control, unloading deliveries, stocking shelves, displaying merchandise.
- Placing product in assigned areas and maintaining an organized storage environment.
- Moving product from storage locations to the retail sales floor.
- Maintaining inventory levels and a neat store appearance during normal operating hours.
- Assist in physical inventory two times per year.
- Other duties may be assigned as needed.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
Availability to work during the hours of Thursdays 4 PM-8 PM, Fridays 4 PM-8 PM, Saturdays 11 AM-5 PM or 5 PM-8 PM and Sundays 10 AM-6 PM as well as during festivals and events (times may vary).
- Outgoing, approachable and friendly; ability to smile, converse with supervisor and patrons.
- Professional, responsible individual with a positive outlook.
- Requires ability to work quickly, neatly and accurately and assume responsibility, often without direct supervision.
- Must feel comfortable handling money; cash register experience is preferred; training will be provided.
- At least 1 year of previous experience as a cashier and/or customer service representative in a retail environment or equivalent.
- Flexibility and ability to multi-task a must.
- A passion for the arts, music and cultural programs preferred.
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Must have a valid Driver’s License and access to a vehicle.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment.
- High level of confidentiality and integrity.
- Strong communicator, excellent oral, written, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to interact with a wide variety of people, including staff, volunteers, and the public.
- Experience in working in a non-profit environment a plus.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, i.e., Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook preferred.
- Ability to work indoors year-round and outdoors during festivals and events.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate, either verbally and/or in writing. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is required to lift up to 10 to 25 pounds frequently, and up to 50 pounds occasionally, with or without reasonable accommodation.
Employee may be required to travel between our facilities, all within about a 1 mile of one another using reliable transportation. Employee is occasionally required to travel offsite for business meetings as needed.
- Ability to lift up to 10-25 pounds frequently, and up to 50 pounds occasionally, with or without assistance.
- Ability to use a computer, cash register and phone.
- Ability to stand, walk, kneel, squat, bend, reach above head.
- Ability to see, hear, listen, and speak and understand English; bi-lingual ability a plus.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive list of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job.
ArtsQuest has a culture of CARES; Creativity, Adaptability, Risk Taking, Evaluation and Sustainability; to be successful at ArtsQuest you must be willing and able to take ownership, and make significant contributions to the success of the organization:
- We value a collaborative work style as well as the ability to work cross-functionally.
- We not only work in a retail setting, we also work in an office environment in close vicinity with other staff members, across multiple buildings; we also work outdoors in all types of weather during festivals and events.
- We sometimes work long and unusual hours, including evenings, weekends and holidays.
FLSA Status: Part-Time Seasonal Hourly
ArtsQuest is an Equal Opportunity Employer