- Winner of Canada’s Top 100 Employers 2021 and BC's Top Employers 2021!
- Are you someone who loves connecting with the community, we would love to hear from you!
- Do you speak Cantonese, Mandarin, Farsi, Arabic or any other languages?
- Part-Time, 12 Month Contract (Mondays 8:30AM -4:30PM & Tuesday, Wednesday 10:00AM – 6:00PM)
- $22 per hour.
The GVFB provides assistance to approximately 8,500 people monthly across Vancouver, Burnaby, New Westminster and the North Shore. We also provide food support to more than 90 community agencies such as housing agencies, women and children’s shelters, transition homes and after school programs, which in turn provide hot meals and snacks to thousands of people each week, including people who are homeless.
Our vision is to create healthy communities through fair and effective food systems. Currently, the GVFB receives, purchases and distributes 5M lbs of food each year.
The GVFB is a proud winner of two prestigious awards: Canada's Top100 Employers 2021 and BC's Top Employers 2021! Recognized for our resilience during the Covid-19 pandemic and how our response was immediate, with the health and safety of our employees as the top priority. In addition to offering an exceptional workplace for our employees and providing the most progressive and forward-thinking programs.
The GVFB is a certified Living Wage Employer! This recognizes the GVFB’s commitment to paying fair wages, upholding good work standards for our employees and contributing to poverty reduction and a higher standard of living in our community.
Come and enjoy working in an award winning workplace! We provide a modern and inclusive office environment, with excellent Skytrain accessibility and free parking.
- Professional Growth – mentoring, professional development courses and conferences.
- Financial Growth – competitive salary and excellent perks.
- Personal Growth – be part of a close and supportive team with strong leadership.
Our Distribution department is recruiting for community focused individuals who are looking to make a difference and provide an exceptional level of service to our clients. The Part-Time Client Coordinator will be responsible for the organization, booking of appointments and registration of our clients using our internal CMS system. The Part-Time Client Coordinator is someone who possess exceptional verbal and written communications skills and is comfortable using basic computer programs or applications.
Suitable candidates will have the flexibility and drive to be involved in the registration of, and distribution of food to clients at our weekly distribution sites across our catchment areas of Vancouver, Burnaby, North Vancouver and New Westminster.
- Provide onsite support for staff, volunteers and community site partners;
- Maintaining efficient flow of food distribution to clients; clarifying policies and procedures;
- Communicate to the corresponding departments regarding issues and incidents (eg. volunteers, menu, health and safety);
- Provide assessment and registration for new clients looking to Register with the GVFB either in person or virtually
- Communicate effectively with clients via phone, e-mail or in-person
- Organize to ensure effective booking of registration appointments
- Administration and data entry involving our in-house database and Microsoft Office Suite;
- Set up and teardown of distribution sites (eg. Setting up distribution lines, stocking inventory for distribution, cardboard disposal etc.);
- Ensuring the distribution site is clean and well maintained at all times, following COVID related protocols;
- Ensuring computers and scanners are in proper working order.
Personal attributes and core skills
- Ability to work with sensitivity and without discrimination towards people of diverse cultures, races/ethnicity, socio-economic positions, ages, religions, genders, physical/mental health challenges/disabilities and sexual orientations;
- Engaging, welcoming and helpful in your approach to people and situations;
- Must be a critical thinker who can act on their feet, with the ability to adhere to procedures as needed;
- Exceptional attention to detail;
- Ability to multi-task in a busy client facing environment;
- Flexibility to work at all of our locations in Greater Vancouver;
- Team player, willing to go above and beyond to assist others;
- Effective interpersonal communication skills (written/oral), including active listening skills; Proven ability to problem solve and to take responsibility for completing tasks in a timely fashion;
- Knowledge of and ability to employ conflict resolution and diffusing skills as needed;
- Lead by example, coach with patience, and model positive behaviour.
Qualifications and experience
- 2+ years’ experience working in customer service industries;
- Proficiency in Cantonese, Mandarin, Farsi or Arabic preferred; or other languages are an asset;
- Previous Administrative experience is advantageous;
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Physically fit and have the ability to lift up to 50lbs on a consistent basis;
- Exposure to ambient temperatures and noisy conditions;
- The ability to walk and stand throughout the shift.
We are actively recruiting for this position and encourage you to apply now if you are keen on this opportunity!
Please submit your resume and cover letter in one PDF document.
A criminal record check for working with vulnerable sectors is required upon hiring.
Due to the high volume of applications, only those applicants under consideration will be contacted.
Please accept our utmost appreciation for your interest. The Greater Vancouver Food Bank is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Applications will be treated in strict confidence.