Arena & Facility Operator (Delta/Coquitlam)
We innovate | We have tenacity |We Empower | We get things done | We are Unique |We have fun
Who We Are:
Planet Ice, a member of the GSL Group of companies, is a recreational facility that's fully equipped with a wide range of amenities and services including our hockey rinks and our restaurant (Boomer’s Bar & Grill).
We are currently seeking 2-3 full-time Arena & Facility Operators who will be working out of our Delta and Coquitlam locations. This role will be responsible for the operation and maintenance of all areas of this facility and will be reporting to the Operations Manager. Those with mostly janitorial experience are welcome to apply and we will be happy to train on ice maintenance responsibilities – great for anyone who’s willing to expand on their skillset!
Wage: $27.00 - $31.50 per hour depending on experience
Responsibilities (30% Janitorial, 70% Ice Maintenance):
- Performs a variety of equipment operation and equipment maintenance duties
- Maintenance of ice surfaces including driving a Zamboni
- Perform all regular maintenance and preventative maintenance duties including but not limited to grounds work, snow removal, painting, plumbing, minor electrical work, carpentry, heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC)
- Ice installations and removals
- Identify general facility/maintenance issues and perform necessary repairs as required
- Perform janitorial/custodial duties as assigned
- Maintain a good working relationship with other staff, the public, and most importantly the facility users
- Able to exercise some independence in judgment and action in accordance with established practices and procedures
- Able to deal tactfully and firmly with groups and individuals to ensure observance of rules and regulations
- Prepare reports and organize records.
- High School diploma
- Valid BC Driver’s license
- WHMIS Training certificate
- A BC Government 4th Class power Engineer Certificate, Refrigeration Operators Ticket, or Ice Facility Operator Ticket, or willing to obtain a ticket during the probationary period.
- Knowledge of the methods, materials, and equipment used in ice-making and refrigeration operation
- Knowledge of the methods, materials and equipment used in janitorial and building maintenance work
- Experience in operating ice resurfacing equipment, edger's, ice making, and refrigeration equipment.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision on various shifts as the arena operates 7 days a week, 24 hours per day
Benefits, perks & other cool stuff:
- Competitive compensation package!
- Employer-paid dental & extended health coverage
- Life insurance and disability coverage
- Employee and Family Assistance Program (EFAP)
More About Us:
GSL Group is headquartered in Vancouver, B.C. with offices and operations also located in Victoria and Kelowna. We have a wide range of businesses including E-Commerce, Sports and Entertainment, Hospitality, Food & Beverage, and Real Estate Development and Construction (Commercial, Industrial, Residential and Sports & Entertainment Facilities). Our mission is to build inclusive, sustainable communities by bringing people together through innovation in sport, entertainment, and development.
GSL Group is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and are dedicated to providing a work environment that is free from harassment and discrimination. All employment decisions are made based on qualifications, job requirements and business needs. GSL is passionate about being known for an inclusive culture where talented people of all backgrounds want to work.
Please visit our careers page to see more job opportunities.
Apply for this Position