Customer Service Associate - Opelousas Area
American Bank & Trust Company is looking for a Customer Service Associate. The Customer Service Associate assists customers with deposit account opening and maintenance, safe deposit box operation, teller transactions, Vault, ATM and serves as back up for receptions. The candidate selected must be detail oriented, possess excellent communication skills and be able to provide exceptional service to current and potential customers. This is a full-time position, work schedule will vary depending upon location, but will consist of an 8-hour shift between the hours of 7:45 a.m. 5:30 p.m., Mon. through Fri.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Open, close, and maintain accounts according to Bank procedure and State & FDIC regulations; requires a fundamental understanding of the computer system, to assure that accounts are appropriately entered on the system
- Collect and document required client information on multiple computer applications
- Assure that signature cards and other documents necessary are completed correctly
- Assist customers in opening and accessing safety deposit boxes
- Assist customers with balance inquiries, address changes, internet banking and account maintenance
- Recognize the clients’ needs and recommend products and best practices
- Maintain a high level of company and customer confidentiality.
- Adherence to and support of all compliance and BSA/AML rules and regulations related to this job function.
- Have a complete understanding of all products offered by the Bank
- Follow all Bank Procedures and Policies
- Accept retail and/or commercial deposits, loan payments, process checking and savings account withdrawals
- Processes night deposit
- Cash checks and process transfers
- Redeem savings bonds
- Maintain an adequate cash drawer at all times; this includes buying and selling currency from the vault as necessary
- Balance cash drawer in accordance with Bank procedures and regulations.
- Issue Cashier’s Checks and Money Orders
- Prepares Currency Transaction Reports (CTRs)
- Identifies and reports counterfeit bills
- Processes daily Branch Capture
- Replenishes and balances ATM
High School diploma or equivalent
Training and Experience
- One-year cash handling experience
- Prior customer service experience in the financial services industry preferred
- Strong computer skills and the ability to learn job-related software; proficient in Microsoft Word and Outlook
- Ability to respond effectively to inquiries from internal team members and customers and demonstration of excellence in customer service
- Clear and effective verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills, with the ability to carry out instructions and speak clearly to customers and employees
- Basic math and computer skills
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills including the ability to diagnose, resolve or escalate a critical situation
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand; walk; sit; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Work involves extensive use of computers. Must be able to speak clearly and hear and understand normal conversations in person and over the phone. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Credit check is required. Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled