Assist with all activities concerned with the installation and maintenance of various projects – Industrial, Oil & Gas, Commercial. Participate in the development of a project and assist with the oversights of its organization, scheduling, budgeting and implementation.
KEY REPORTING RELATIONSHIPS: Reports to Project Manager
· Prepare and submit change orders, progress reports, or cost tracking reports on weekly basis.
· Assist PM with budget set up, cost coding and billing.
· Prepare estimates for small projects in accordance with our Estimating Manual
· Assist Safety with tracking of training and documentation.
· Prepare and submit Request for Information (RFIs) and Request for Quotes (RFQs) with Purchasing.
· Assist in generating material requisitions for supplies and materials to complete project.
· Confer with supervisors to discuss and resolve matters such as work procedures, complaints, or problems.
· Assist with pre-planning, scheduling, or coordinating construction project activities to meet deadlines. Working directly with PM, Superintendents, GF and Forman.
· Inspect or review projects to monitor compliance with regulations.
· Review any delays at project sites to ensure that proper procedures are being followed.
· Assist in filing permit applications and tracking status. Ensure all necessary permits or licenses are appropriately displayed
· Assist with modifying plans in response to delays, bad weather, or site emergencies.
· Assist Estimating with preparation of bids and proposals.
· Evaluate work methods and determine cost-effectiveness of plans.
· Assist with determination of labor requirements for various projects.
· Assist with quality control documentation, job walk checklists, project document control and drawing logs.
· Ensure accurate quantity tracking and productivity tracking and reporting.
· Knowledge of materials, methods and tools involved in projects
· Knowledge of business and management principles involved in resource allocations, leadership, methods and coordination of people and resources
· Knowledge of the practical application of electrical technology
· Knowledge of design techniques, tools and principles involved in production of technical plans, blueprints, drawings and models.
Minimum Education: AAS Degree in Construction Management or equivalent degree
Minimum Experience: Apprentice level field training with a purpose to learn industrial electrical installation and construction techniques.
Required License: N/A
· Prolonged, extensive, or considerable standing/walking/sitting
· Manual dexterity and mobility
· Considerable reaching, stooping, bending, kneeling, crouching
Visual and auditory acuity
· Office environment – sitting, standing
· Field environment – subject to weather conditions, rough terrain, heavy equipment
Please visit our careers page to see more job opportunities.
Apply for this Position