Notre Dame Preparatory School is seeking a full-time Computer Science teacher for the 2023-2024 school year. The ideal candidate can teach a comprehensive Computer Science curriculum including Computer Programming, and AP Computer Science courses.
Notre Dame Preparatory School is an independent, Catholic, school for girls in grades 6-12 located in Towson, Maryland. Founded in 1873 by the School Sisters of Notre Dame, Notre Dame Prep is rooted in tradition but contemporary in education empowering its students to become women who transform the world. The school’s original mission, to foster academic excellence, spiritual growth and practice social justice in its students continues to inspire the approximately 800 girls currently enrolled in grades 6-12.
- Teach Computer Science & Technology courses (including Introduction to Computer Programming, Programming in Python, AP Computer Science Principles and AP Computer Science A).
- Work collaboratively with colleagues in the STEAM department to further develop and enhance an inquiry and project-based computer science and technology curriculum for students that addresses topics ranging from computational and design thinking to algorithms and data science.
- Continue to assist to develop and implement the school’s technology integration plan for the academic curriculum in both the upper and lower school.
- Develop and implement ongoing programs to foster responsible digital citizenship among students in grades 6-12.
- Participate in the school community with other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science is required; Master’s and Doctoral degree holders will receive additional consideration, as will those with previous teaching experience; MSDE certification preferred
- A passion to work with students and faculty to implement technology in the classroom as NDP is a Bring Your Own Laptop (BYOL) school and has an Innovation Wing with cutting-edge technology in the area of STEAM.
- Willingness to mentor students in technology-related clubs to promote experiential learning opportunities after school
- Willingness to work collaboratively with administration, faculty, and parents
- Eagerness to embrace the mission and values of Notre Dame Preparatory School.
- Genuine enthusiasm, personal warmth and high energy level
Include Cover letter and Resume and 3 - 5 References.
Apply online: https://notredamepreparatoryschool.easyapply.co
Notre Dame Preparatory School is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled