Responsible for quality control of all food that comes out of the kitchen before it is served to Guests, and assuring that all meals are presented at appropriate temperatures within acceptable kitchen time standards.
• Be punctual to begin your work
• Wear proper uniform (black slacks, Black Bear Diner shirt and suspenders, slip-proof black restaurant shoes ) and name badge at all times
• Wear and communicate through Radio headset at all times during work shift.
• Maintain a neat and clean appearance at all times
• Act as liaison between Server and Kitchen Lead to assure meals are prepared as Guests intended, which is indicated on the POS ticket. Special attention to be given to any special requests or modifications.
• Communicate to Managers and Servers any delays from the kitchen.
• Communicate to Managers and Servers any food items that we are out of.
• Maintain a cheerful and positive attitude at all times.
• Assists counter Server in assuring that all Guests seated at the counter are properly service and happy at all times.
• Maintain the “clean as you go” policy.
• Keep all working areas clean at all times, call for a sweep of the Expo Isle as necessary to maintain a good clean look behind the dining counter.
• Report any equipment failures and any shortages of supplies immediately
• Make sure to take your breaks on time to avoid any penalties
• Make sure to return to your work stations after breaks on a timely manner
• You are required to work over time, if needed
• Be a team player, taking ownership of the entire Restaurant, not just your station.
• Food runs are to be made by all Expos when needed
• All transitions of stations must be communicated immediately to management to avoid confusion of who is working where
• All Expos must be Food Handlers’ Certified.
• Make sure that all condiments at Expo station are fully stocked at all times.
• All side works must be completed before punching out from your shift.
• Expo is responsible to assure that the stainless steel cabinets and walls at the Expo station and behind the Guests counter is clean and free of hand prints at all times.
1. Must be able to stand, walk, and stay on his/her feet for prolonged periods of time. This could be up to four hours without a break period to sit down.
2. Carry plates, dishes and trays with a weight of up to nine pounds on a continuous basis.
3. Lift up to 25 pounds at a given time.
4. Must be able to write (take orders form guests) and work either an adding machine or a Point of Sale (P.O.S.) screen that requires repetitive motion.
5. Must be courteous, smile frequently, and express cheerful disposition at all times.
6. Must be able to multi-task (including use of communication via a radio head set.)