Responsible for processing and coordinating mortgage loan closings. Examines and collects required documents, and orders appraisals and title work. Submits loans to various investors for loan approvals. Works through various situations that arise during processing and/or closings to facilitate loan approvals and closings.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (Other duties may be assigned.)
· Demonstrate knowledge of Bank mortgage loan products and services.
· Follow bank policies and procedures, security guidelines, and comply with all federal, state and local regulations. Includes coordinating with legal counsel and bank operating departments to ensure adherence to laws and regulations relating to new and/or revised bank products and services.
· Demonstrate familiarity with underwriting guidelines with all of the Bank’s investors and programs.
· Support the Bank’s CRA Officer by reporting CRA data.
· Work with loan applicants and requests required information for determining a credit decision.
· Compile loan packages including ensuring pertinent documents are complete and accurate, and analyzing and reviewing applicant’s credit history. Also reviews appraisal reports for accuracy and investor requirements.
· Conduct credit review to ensure that granted loan approval is within Investor guidelines. Notifies originators of any problems or issues during the process of the loan. Keeps both the borrower and originator informed as the loan goes to different phases of processing and closing.
· Prepare closing package (does not include closing disclosures).
· Promote business for the Bank by maintaining good customer relations and referring customers to appropriate staff for new services using Bank-endorsed techniques and processes.
· Assume ownership of customer problems to achieve resolution.
· Serve as secondary contact in responding to customer and non-customer inquiries relative to mortgage loan products, rates, procedures, etc.
· Bachelor’s degree, or at least 5 years of related experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Effective oral and written communication skills.
· Ability to compute basic to moderately complex math calculations.
· Basic problem-solving and analytical skills. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
· Proficiency in using personal computers and office products (e.g., Word, Excel).
· Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills.
· Ability to work independently.
· Ability to properly package a loan.
· Self-starter who is goal- and results-oriented.
· Ability to work with direction from supervisor.
· Ability to effectively multi-task in a close working environment.