There’s a side of Big Sky, Montana that speaks to those seeking something special. A vast 8,000-acre landscape where stunning natural beauty and an endless array of alpine adventures blend together to create a private club and mountain living experience like no other.
Whether it’s winter or summer, Moonlight Basin is something you won’t soon forget. The mountain scenery, the direct access to some of the finest skiing at Big Sky Resort, the hiking, the golf and so much more all add up to the perfect place to work and enjoy Montana.
Moonlight Basin is located right in the middle of the best things to see and do in Montana. You can visit Yellowstone National Park. Explore the national forest and wilderness lands. Come down to the town of Big Sky and shop, eat, and catch some music. Bozeman is a short drive and easily accessible by Skyline Bus.
The Landscape Foreman, under the direction of the Golf Course Superintendent, is responsible for maintaining the landscaped grounds inside Moonlight Basin property. These areas include but are not limited to the lodge, entryway, cowboy heaven gate, and the residential sub-divisions within Moonlight Basin property. This position will also assist the golf maintenance team with other responsibilities on and off the golf course including seasonal maintenance practices during the summer and snow removal responsibilities during the winter. This is a full-time year-round position.
- Knowledge of tools methods, and materials used in landscape maintenance work.
- Mowing, fertilizing, chemical application, irrigation installation & maintenance, tree & shrub trimming, mulch & flower bed maintenance, sod & seed projects, and installation of erosion control methods.
- Apply pesticides & fertilizers according to label instructions with properly calibrated equipment and maintain accurate records of all applications.
- Ability to oversee a crew of five or less on a daily basis.
- Maintain a professional appearance at all times when on the property.
- Ability to train, lead, and direct small groups of employees to achieve desired productivity and job performance.
- Ensure all tools, equipment, vehicles, and supplies are properly used, maintained, and stored
- Ability to train employees to safely operate various types of landscaping equipment including mowers, trimmers, tractors, chainsaws, skid loaders, and vehicles.
- Assist with snow removal responsibilities including equipment operation and shoveling of driveways, decks, and walkways.
- Develop & implement scheduled maintenance programs for the landscaped areas on the property to make sure the grounds are being maintained to high standards.
- Develop budgets and pricing for additional homes within the property and address questions from new customers.
- Maintains positive interactions with club members and guests, providing a high level of customer service.
- Performs any and all duties as assigned by the Golf Course Superintendent or other members of the senior management team, as deemed appropriate.
- Five years of experience in the landscaping and/or turf industry with two years in a supervisory role.
- Ability to follow oral and written directions.
- Two-year degree in landscaping or turf management related field is desirable.
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving history.
- Possess or ability to obtain a Montana state pesticide applicators license.
- Prior experience operating outdoor power equipment including riding and walk behind mowers, chainsaws, trimmers, tractors, & skid loaders.
- Prior experience with snow removal equipment including snow blowers, blades, and shoveling.
- Must be willing to participate in a learning environment.
- Must integrate company values throughout all interactions.
- Must be dependable and available to work within the resort on weekends, nights and/or holidays based on business demands.
- Must be able to work flexible and long hours as business demands.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. Frequently lift up to 50 lbs. on a regular basis. Ability to work outdoors for long periods of time, sometimes in inclement weather.
This job description is only a summary of the typical functions of this position and should not serve as an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all the possible duties, tasks and responsibilities for this specific job. The responsibilities, tasks, and duties of this position might differ from those outlined above and other duties may be assigned as necessary.