Responsible for greeting all guests in a professional, friendly and family oriented way before, during and after the meal period and the maintenance of the Dining Room.
• Be punctual to begin your work
• Wear proper uniform (black slacks, Black Bear Diner shirt, Black Bear Diner suspenders, and black slip-proof restaurant shoes) and name badge at all times
• Wear and communicate through Radio headset at all times during work shift.
• Maintain a neat and clean appearance at all times
• Setup dining room tables with place mats and rolled up silver ware
• Responsible for the cleanliness of the floor and all working dining room areas
• Responsible for the cleanliness of all booth table seats
• Responsible for bussing and re-setting tables, use white towels with proper sanitizer to clean surface of all tables prior to re-setting tables
• Responsible for cleaning windows and all counter ledges.
• Responsible for cleaning and restocking bathrooms.
• Responsible for clearing debris and spills on all walkways and parking areas outside of the restaurant.
• Assists food servers as necessary
• Refills beverages when necessary
• Makes food runs when necessary
• Assists guests with any needs they may have
• Coordinates with Hosts(esses) with seating arrangements
• Keeps all service stations clean at all times
• Empty all trash cans at service stations
• Assist with the replenishment of all beverage dispensers
• Assist with the cleanliness of all light fixtures and picture frames, make sure they’re free of dust
• Sweeps and vacuums floors at end of shift and at night when closing
• At night, make sure that the night crew sets up the room completely for opening the next day
• You are required to work over time, if needed
• Report to Manager any equipment failures and any shortages of supplies immediately
• Make sure to take your breaks on time to avoid any penalties
• Make sure to return to your work stations after breaks on a timely manner
• Be a team player, taking ownership of the entire Restaurant, not just your station
• Completes any other assigned tasks willingly as designated by management.
1. Lift up to 50 pounds at a given time.
2. Must be able to multi-task (including use of communication via a radio head set.)