Public Relations Coordinator
We've all had that one commercial,
jingle, article, or billboard, that sticks in our head because it made us
laugh, say, “wow that’s clever,” or wish we never heard or seen it because now
we’ll never forget it! We want that ‘unforgettable’ factor in our content here
at ArtsQuest! We are looking for a Public Relations Coordinator to
work alongside our Director of Communications to ensure our content and
relationships exude our core values and mission.
This is a full-time position, Monday-Friday from 8:30 am- 5 pm. Flexibility and willingness to support various events are also important as teamwork and our people are our biggest assets.
What you’ll do:
Writing news releases, proofing and editing content, developing and maintaining relationships with the media, and developing content for our print and digital platforms are just a few of the things you could expect in this position. While the variety of tasks will never be short, the Public Relations Coordinator can expect the following:
- Write external and internal communications- news releases, announcements, articles
- Schedule, arrange, and welcome media for shoots and interviews at venues and events
- Work collaboratively with various departments on program development, event scheduling, and execution
- Assist in preparing and distributing marketing and public relations materials regarding organizational events and initiatives
- Act as an ambassador and help staff the Media Center during popular events
- Attend and note-take during designated team and committee meetings
- Track all media coverage and create/maintain the inventory to help capture and collect relevant data for reporting purposes
What you’ll need to thrive in this role:
- Degree in Communications, Marketing, Journalism, or Business and/or equivalent work experience
- 1+ years of experience in a public relations, communications, marketing, or business administrative support role
- Ability to professionally communicate (written and verbally) to a wide variety of audiences to build strong relationships
- Previous experience writing for print and digital publications and with digital analytics, content management systems, and/or email marketing platforms, preferred
- Exceptional time-management and project-management skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Team player with confidentiality and problem-solving abilities
- Reliable transportation to travel between our facilities, all within a mile of each other!
- A passion for the arts, music and cultural programs, and nonprofits- that’s what we do after all!
ArtsQuest is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization. Our mission is to provide access to exceptional artistic, cultural, and educational experiences using arts and culture as key elements of economic development for our urban communities. Through festivals such as our flagship event, Musikfest; Banana Factory Arts Center; ArtsQuest Center, and SteelStacks arts and cultural campus, ArtsQuest's programming reaches more than 1.9 million people annually. Our programs and events, approximately 50 percent of which are free to attend, have a combined economic impact of more than $136 million annually in the region.
- Medical, dental, vision, term life, and disability insurance
- 403(b)-retirement savings plan
- Paid time off and sick time
- Discounts on select organizational programs and events
ArtsQuest demonstrates its Core Values of: Serve our Communities, Be Curious, Act Generously, Be Transparent, and Find Joy in all aspects of our culture. It is our goal to maintain these values to consistently deliver exceptional experiences to our employees and our community.
ArtsQuest is committed to fostering, cultivating, and preserving a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion. Our employees are the most valuable assets we have. The collective sum of the individual differences, life experiences, knowledge, inventiveness, innovation, self-expression, unique capabilities, and talent that our employees and volunteers invest in their work represents a significant part of not only our culture but our reputation and the organization's achievement as well.
At ArtsQuest, a diverse, inclusive, and equitable workplace is one where all employees feel valued and respected whatever their age, color, disability, ethnicity, family or marital status, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, and/or veteran status. We embrace and encourage our employees' characteristics that make them unique because we value and appreciate diverse life experiences.
ArtsQuest is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer, EOE, M/F/LGBTQ/Disability/Vet.
Please visit our careers page to see more job opportunities.