Directly supervises all front office personnel and ensures proper completion of all front office duties. Works directly with guests to ensure a quality stay and communicates with all other hotel departments.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Regular attendance.
- The ability to lead and work as part of a team.
- Wear a skid-resistant work shoe with good support.
- Assign duties and shifts to workers and observe performances to ensure adherence to hotel policies and established operating procedures.
- Answer inquiries pertaining to hotel policies and services.
- Assist guests with questions about the resort and surrounding area.
- Greet important guests.
- Perform all Front Desk duties, as business needs dictate.
- Responsible for maintaining an accurate count of all monies stored at the front desk.
- Trains and retrains all front desk personnel.
- Resolves guest problems quickly, efficiently and courteously.
- Receives information from previous shift manager & passes on pertinent details to the incoming manager.
Additional Duties for 3rd Shift Front Desk Supervisor
- Performs nightly audit and processes credit cards.
- Resolves any discrepancies.
- Other duties may be assigned.
Directly supervises up to 12 non-supervisory employees in the Front Desk functions. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Two or Four-year college degree; or two to five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, or climb stairs.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and depth perception.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Sea Mist Oceanfront is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled