Laundry Attendant - Hampton Inn & Suites
The Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton Kelowna Airport is currently accepting applications for Laundry Attendants with an immediate start!
If you don't mind variety and are able to work a flexible schedule which includes mornings, weekdays, and weekends, please submit your resume today! We are on a bus route, with a stop just outside of the hotel. We also pickup our employees from the bus loop at UBCO! This position currently pays $16.00 per hour, with an additional $1 summer incentive for every hour worked, plus discounts on Food & Beverage, Hotel stays, and Marina activities at our sister properties!
What we offer:
- Employee discounts on accommodations, dining and marina at our sister properties (Hotel Eldorado, Manteo Resort and Eldorado Marina, and Four Points by Sheraton Kelowna Airport).
- World-wide accommodation and dining discounts with Hilton brands.
- An excellent work environment, with a focus on staff recognition, teambuilding and an atmosphere of growth and development.
- Internal growth and a culture of promotion from within. Supervisor and Management positions open to internal applicants for Four Hotels within Kelowna.
To ensure the housekeeping department is stocked with clean linens at all times. Maintain and keep all linen storage areas organized.
General Duties and Responsibilities
You will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standard:
- Maintaining a neatly groomed appearance (uniform clean and name tag on)
- Must be able to work well in a team atmosphere, as well as independently
- Being able to fully operate laundry machines and understand how they function
- Provide the Housekeeping department with clean linen and cleaning tools, folding all linen to the hotel’s standard
- Keeping work area and machines clean; ensure any machine defects are reported promptly to Manager
- Manually transport and distribute laundry to pre-designated locations
- Handle chemicals in a cautious and responsible manner in compliance with MSDS
- Keep track of damaged/repairable inventory
- Separate all linen/towels accordingly, including any types of stains. Need to be able to sort dirty linen in time for pick up according to the pick-up/delivery schedule provided
- Keep Housekeeping Leadership informed of the need to know, such as: excessive staining, excessive damages, any problems with laundry service and all issues that may affect the laundry function
- Provide outstanding customer service to all of our guests
- Perform other related duties as assigned or requested
Skills and Qualifications
To successfully fill this role, you should demonstrate the following:
- Ability to stand and walk up to 8 hours a day
- Must be able to lift and carry 30 lbs.
- Ability to handle repetitious movement such as pulling, pushing, lifting and bending up to 6 hours a day
- Must have exceptional time management skills
- Ability to work in warm conditions (machinery) and a medium noise level
- Available to work varied shifts: days, weekends and holidays
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and meet established goals and requirements
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada without restriction
Please visit our careers page to see more job opportunities.