Banquet Sous Chef (ref 1031)
Are you looking for a role that offers competitive wages, benefits, generous staff discounts, employee recognition and an opportunity to work alongside an innovative and fun team!?
Our spectacular Eldorado Resort is situated right on the shores of Okanagan Lake. Eldorado Resort consists of Hotel Eldorado, Manteo, and Eldorado Marina, with world-class amenities including multiple outlets, gyms, indoor and outdoor pools, boardwalk, tennis courts, and a private beach.
Permanent & Seasonal Positions are available in the following positions with a start date of March-April 2022
- Sous Chef – Lakeside Dining & our new Manteo Restaurant Maestro's!
The Banquet Sous Chef in coordination with the Executive Chef is responsible for the execution of all Banquet / Events for Eldorado Resort. The
Banquet Sous Chef functions as a liaison between the frontline kitchen staff, the Executive Chef and the front of house
GENERAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Support Executive Chef by assuming basic management responsibilities, supervise the day-to-day functions of kitchen employees, and contribute to maximizing the overall profit and performance of the Food and Beverage department
- Assume the role of liaison between all departments within the culinary division and all other hotel departments
- Ensure the consistency and quality of all meals created (seasoning, portion size, appearance)
- Supervise the preparation and cooking of various food items
- Assist Executive Chef with developing and implementing creative menu items that adhere to company standards
- Manage hourly kitchen employees through recording hours for payroll, scheduling, training, coaching, and evaluating
- Prepare and train culinary staff on the preparation, presentation of foods such as salads, sauces, soups, butchering, etc.
- Lead and coach the team towards achieving exceptional guest service and employee satisfaction results
- Monitor food production, ordering, cost, quality, and consistency on a daily basis
- Ensure proper safety and sanitation of all kitchen facilities and equipment
- Minimize waste and maintain controls to attain forecasted food cost
- Contribute to the morale and well-being of the kitchen team by exemplifying Eldorado Resort values
- Create a friendly, professional environment that inspires teamwork
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- In-depth skills and knowledge of all kitchen operations
- High school degree or its equivalent
- Certification of Culinary Training
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a first-class culinary environment
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a supervisory role in a fast paced, fine dining environment
To apply please submit your resume and complete the Questionnaire.
Please visit our careers page to see more job opportunities.
Apply for this Position