We’re seeking a full-time dedicated Business Consultant (BC) to join our team in support of the Office of Naval Research (ONR) Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR) & Small Business Technology Transfer (STTR) programs. The BC will be responsible for mentoring and aiding small technology firms through the SBIR/STTR program; sizing markets; determining the degree of customer interest; conducting strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threat (SWOT) analyses; recommending transition strategies within the DoN, other military services, and the commercial sectors; addressing roadblocks and serving as a respected and effective transition agent.
The SBIR program was established by Congress in 1982 with a statutory purpose to strengthen the role of innovative small business concerns (SBCs) in Federally-funded research or research and development (R/R&D). Specific program purposes are to: (1) Stimulate technological innovation; (2) use small business to meet Federal R/R&D needs; (3) foster and encourage participation by socially and economically disadvantaged SBCs in working in technological innovation; and (4) increase private sector commercialization of innovations derived from Federal R/R&D, thereby increasing competition, productivity, and economic growth.
The STTR program is a sister program to SBIR, established by Congress in 1992 with a similar statutory purpose as SBIR. A major difference in the two programs is that the STTR requires the small business to have a research partner consisting of a University, Federally Funded Research and Development Center (FFRDC), or a qualified non-profit research institution. In STTR, the small business must be the prime contractor and perform at least 40% of the work, with the research partner performing at least 30% of the work. The balance can be done by either party and/or a third party.
- Experience working within the DoD high technology community.
- High school diploma plus at least 20 years of relevant work experience OR a bachelor’s degree plus at least 7 years relevant work experience.
- Familiarity with dual use applications of defense technologies and the DON's Acquisition Programming, Planning, Budgeting and Execution (PPBE) Process.
- Demonstrated Defense Acquisition University (DAU) course work in program management and the management of science and technology (such as ACQ 101 and 201).
- Effective at working independently and collaboratively.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and Power-Point.
- Superior interpersonal skills.
- Recent PPBE experience is a plus.
- Telework available within the CONUS. Some travel required (<10%).
American Technology Solutions International Corp. (ATSI) is a valued Veterans Affairs (VA) certified service-disabled veteran-owned small business (SDVOSB). We support multiple prime and sub contracts with Department of Defense (DoD), Intelligence, and Federal Government clients. ATSI provides program management, financial management, and technical support services to DoD S&T programs, to include technology transition and technology transfer programs and initiatives.
ATSI is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against any employee or job applicant because of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, physical or mental disability, age, or any other status protected by applicable law.
American Technology Solutions International Corporation (ATSI) is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled