Do you enjoy working with your hands and using your technical knowledge to help others? Come work for one of BC's top not-for-profit societies!
The Phoenix Society is a not-for-profit society located in Surrey, BC serving the Greater Vancouver and Fraser regions.
Reporting to the Senior Manager of Operations, the Operations Coordinator is responsible for the daily oversight of building operations for all Phoenix buildings. We have two Housekeepers and one Maintenance Worker currently reporting to the Operations Coordinator.
- Provides positive, strength-based leadership and mentorship to maintain a respected and engaged Operations team.
- Ensures that Phoenix facilities are properly maintained to the satisfaction of our residents, staff, funders and other stakeholders.
- Directs and plans essential services such as security, maintenance, cleaning, waste disposal, recycling ensuring that all Phoenix buildings meet health and safety requirements.
- Oversees administration and allocation of keys, security swipe cards and other building security procedures.
- Establishes and maintains professional relationships with vendors.
- Responds to and manages crisis or emergency situations impacting operations (i.e. utility and communication interruptions resulting from catastrophes such as fire, floods, break and enters, earthquake, etc.)
- Coordinates with Property Managers to ensure the appropriate upkeep of grounds with landscaping contractors.
- Supports chemical supplies training.
- Ensures that all WMHIS protocols are adhered to.
- Ensures appropriate infection prevention and control procedures are implemented in response to outbreaks.
QUALIFICATIONS and EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma. Additional education in building maintenance is an asset
- Minimum three to five years of experience in building and property maintenance
- Minimum three years of supervisory experience
- Comfortable and skilled at communicating with various stakeholders such as staff, executives, clients and external service providers
- Proven communication and conflict resolution skills
- Ability to maintain a high level of performance while working independently
- Ability to lead, motivate and mentor team in a positive manner
- Strong leadership skills in emergency situations
- Strong organizational and problem solving skills
- Effectively communicate professionally, verbally and written in English
- Proficient in Office suite including Excel, Word, Outlook and central data systems
- Proficient in Windows 10
- Current First Aid with CPR
- Current WHMIS certification
- Criminal record check for working with vulnerable populations
We look forward to your application!