Responsible for handling the administrative aspects of servicing loans from the time the proceeds are disbursed until the loan is paid off.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
1. Perform file maintenance on all loan accounts including but not limited to late fee waivers, payment corrections/reversals, auto transfer, etc.
2. Process daily loan payments via mail and online banking.
3. Process daily non-posts.
4. Monitor Cash Items general ledger for returned payments.
5. Process advances on lines of credit, non-construction, via officer requests and online banking.
6. Monitor returned mail, update Horizon and notify lenders.
7. Mail daily loan payment/past due notices.
8. Verify contents of “Red” bags to inventory log and distribute to loan operations personal.
9. Maintain list of loans to be booked into Horizon.
10. Balance daily/monthly general ledger accounts, including Participation Loan Investor Remittance Account and Cash Management.
11. Serve as back-up in booking loans into the Bank’s servicing system.
12. Interact with lenders and their assistants to provide exceptional customer service.
13. Responsible for updating procedures of job duties as it pertains to related position.
14. Be available as needed to cross train and perform additional tasks as assigned.
15. Adheres to the BSA Policy and all other Bank Policies.
16. Other duties and responsibilities as may be assigned by supervisor.
Minimum Qualifications (Education, Experience, Skills)
• Knowledge of consumer and commercial lending, real estate, loan documentation, lien documentation, as well as state and federal compliance and lending regulations
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to work independently, efficiently and innovatively as part of a team
• Must work well under pressure, meeting multiple and conflicting deadlines
• Computer skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Word and Microsoft Office
• Minimum 1 year experience in loan operation’s environment in a commercial bank or other financial institution is preferred
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands or fingers, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
All duties and responsibilities are essential functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbents will posses the skills aptitudes and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills or abilities.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.
FIRST GUARANTY BANK is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled