The Staff Accountant is responsible for the financial reporting, assisting with month end close processes, cost analysis, and other accounting tasks as needed.
- Full GL accounting duties, including research, analysis, reconciliation, journal entry, transaction entry, and statement preparation.
- Complete certain account reconciliations including research and resolution of outstanding items.
- Support or participate on special projects.
- Participates in all required staff meetings and trainings.
- Completes special projects as assigned.
- Team player demonstrating enthusiasm and commitment to company vision and mission.
- Assist Chief Financial Officer with ad hoc projects.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty/function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the work environment, knowledge, skill, and/or ability required or preferred. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions as listed below.
Education and/or Experience: Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance or related field required. Five years accounting experience required. CPA preferred but not required.
Communication Skills: Ability to follow oral and written instructions. Ability to prepare routine and procedural reports and records. Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form. Ability to deal with problems and know when to ask for help. Ability to apply basic mathematical principles to practical situations.
Other Skills: Advanced Excel skills and use of spreadsheets required. Strong analytic and problem solving skills. Self-starter and highly motivated. The ability to be flexible in work duties and times and to expand knowledge of the work area to be able to willingly fill in as needed in emergency situations. 10 key by touch experience required. Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.