Part-Time Education Assistant
Part-Time Education Assistant
ArtsQuest Values Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging
Our employees are the most valuable assets we have. The collective sum of the individual differences, life experiences, knowledge, inventiveness, innovation, self-expression, unique capabilities, and talent that our employees invest in their work represents a significant part of not only our culture, but our reputation and the organization’s achievement as well.
At ArtsQuest a diverse, inclusive, and equitable workplace is one where all employees feel valued and respected whatever their age, color, disability, ethnicity, family or marital status, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, and/or veteran status. We embrace and encourage our employees’ characteristics that make them unique, because we value and appreciate diverse life experiences.
Reports to: Education Coordinator
Direct Reports: None
The Education Assistant is responsible for the ArtSmart Afterschool Program, Poetry Out Loud Competition, as well as other duties to help better facilitate the Education and Outreach programs. 20-30 hours a week.
Poetry Out Loud:
- Coordinate professional development workshops for region 5 POL facilitators and participating teachers.
- Maintain and enhance a system for communication with regional partners, facilitators, school administrators, teachers, teaching artists, students, and the general public about program updates, requirements, deadlines, etc.
- Manage program timeline including workshops and regional competition.
- Assist with recruitment and training of contest judges.
- Assist with regional competition.
- Assist with planning, coordinating, and delivery of ArtSmart Afterschool Program at the Banana Factory.
- Assist with program evaluation including student and teacher surveys, as well as on-site observations.
- Lead tours for K-12 school groups and adult tours as needed.
- Implement education and outreach policies and procedures.
- Assist with program agreements, invoices, and supply inventory for Teaching Artists.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
- Organized, self-motivated and energetic work ethic.
- Ability to be very flexible in any work environment.
- Ability to develop and maintain relationships with community partners, schools and art educators.
- Ability to communicate at all levels of the organization both verbally and in writing.
ArtsQuest maintains a culture of C.A.R.E.S.; Creativity, Adaptability, Risk Taking, Evaluation and Sustainability. In addition, ArtsQuest has very high standards for accountability and ownership of all of our employees’ actions, whose contributions to the organization all relate to customer service. It is our goal to maintain these high standards in order to deliver the most exceptional experiences to both our internal and external customers. We work hard, but we play harder. It’s the reason we’re here!
Note: This job description represents the essential functions of the position but is not all inclusive. This position may be assigned and expected to handle other tasks and duties reasonably related to the job responsibilities.
Candidates from underrepresented communities are encouraged to apply!
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
ArtsQuest is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Please visit our careers page to see more job opportunities.