Guest Service Agent (ref 9042)
If you are looking for a team that brings out the best in each other, a team that has fun and are proud of their work - we want to hear from you! The Hampton Inn & Suites is currently looking for a full time Guest Service Agent.
We are on a bus route, with a stop just outside of the hotel. We also pickup our employees from the bus loop at UBCO! This position currently pays $18.00-$18.50 per hour, plus discounts on Food & Beverage, Hotel stays, and Marina activities at our sister properties!
This is a full-time opportunity. Working 32-40 hours per week.
What we offer:
- Employee discounts on accommodations, dining and marina at our sister properties (Hotel Eldorado, Manteo Resort and Eldorado Marina, and Four Points by Sheraton Kelowna Airport).
- World-wide accommodation and dining discounts with Hilton brands.
- An excellent work environment, with a focus on staff recognition, teambuilding and an atmosphere of growth and development.
- Internal growth and a culture of promotion from within. Supervisor and Management positions open to internal applicants for four hotels within Kelowna.
- Welcome and acknowledge guests
- Anticipate and address guests' service needs
- Process all guest check-ins, check-outs, and create new reservations
- Secure payment; activate/reissue room keys following hotels policies and procedures
- Coordinate with Housekeeping to track room status and guest concerns
- Demonstrate knowledge of hotel room categories, room rates, packages, and promotions
- Maintain confidentiality of proprietary information
- Available to work varied shifts: days, evenings, weekends and holidays
- Assist with the continental breakfast as needed
- Preparing foods as per F&B Operations guidelines
- Understand, follow and implement food safe guidelines
- Setting out/arranging cold food, such as pastries, cereals, etc.
- Clearing and cleaning tables as they are vacated
- Preparing and setting up hot food items
- Restocking items consistently throughout breakfast hours and for the next day
- Washing serving equipment and returning to storage
- Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors and Managers
- High School graduation required
- Valid BC Class 5 driver’s license
- Previous hotel experience is an asset
- Commitment to delivering a high level of customer service
- Superhost training is an asset
- Good computer skills required
- Must be legally eligible to work in Canada without restriction
Please visit our careers page to see more job opportunities.
Apply for this Position