Payworks is a leading workforce management solutions provider and a multi-year winner of Canada’s Best Managed Companies program. We are proud to be Canadian owned and operated, committed to developing world-class products and providing a progressive workplace culture. With over 23,000 clients from coast to coast and more than 300+ employees, we currently have an exciting opportunity for our Sales Team for a Sales Support Associate.
The Sales Support Associate will be the first point of contact for existing and prospective clients in the Eastern region and will be required to assist callers with professionalism, integrity and high quality of customer service. The Sales Support Associate will take an active role in our value add sales campaigns and will assist in providing vacation coverage for Sales Consultants. This role will also be responsible for providing day to day administrative support to the region which will include data analysis & reporting as well as assisting the implementation team when required.
Why you should choose Payworks
- Competitive base salary and comprehensive benefits plan
- Excellent pension plan with employer contributions
- Flexible working hours and no dress code
- Free parking.
- Community-minded culture – receive a paid day per year to volunteer and lots of opportunities to “pay it forward”
- Follow us on Twitter to see why our employees and clients choose @PayworksInc.
- Provide administrative support to the Regional Vice President and Sales Manager, maintaining up to date sales tools, CRM and other resources.
- Answering phones, directing clients’ queries and questions, and promptly relaying messages.
- Deliver to call-in prospects a quick needs analysis, answer their questions and elaborate upon our solutions. Accurately track and forward all connections to the appropriate Sales Consultant based on prospect category and territory.
- Working with the team on the value add program for the Eastern Region including conducting calls to existing clients, providing information to clients, tracking all activity, funneling leads for additional services to the sales team and providing feedback to the management team on call outcomes.
- Supporting the local sales team by providing coverage for short term absences to ensure client and prospect inquiries are handled effectively.
- Create and maintain reports for tracking and analysis of sales activities, territory analysis, campaign tracking, and sales summaries.
- Participating in regular testing of our Disaster Recovery processes.
- Support the local implementation team with data entry of client information as required.
Qualifications & Experience
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Post-secondary education in a business program coupled with a desire to develop a career in sales.
- Ability to effectively manage incoming and outgoing calls in a professional manner.
- Working knowledge in CRM software and Microsoft Office with proficiency in word and excel.
- Demonstrated problem-solving and decision-making ability.
- Ability to work independently while demonstrating resourcefulness in the use of available tools and support resources.
- Must be detail oriented.