Engineer I IT Field
*Salary negotiable based on applicants experience*
Provide first level of field engineering support to operational and technical support teams for Field Engineering and Company’s Information Systems and System Users. Monitor, maintain and support all networked computers, printers and associated operating systems and service applications (gaming and nongaming.) Responsible for ensuring the stability and integrity of all in-house computer and server hardware, software, voice, data, video, wired and wireless network services, including Local Area Network (LAN) services, connectivity; to include low voltage services, and works closely with senior field engineers to provide exceptional customer service.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS/DUTIES:
• Provide first level of technical support by performing basic and advanced incident troubleshooting and tracking and assist with problem resolution, fault isolation, follow-up support and documentation to include providing action reports to department team leaders
• Responds to computer, network or data security vulnerability alerts at the property and regional levels for high priority outage restoration efforts
• Provide installation, monitoring, maintenance, support, and optimization of all computer hardware and software within property data centers and communications closets or where Information Technology assets are contained in a training or production environment
• Perform remedial maintenance on basic network devices, computer hardware and software, including the restoration of configurations with assistance from senior and second level field engineers and IT Operations Center engineers or in combined resolution efforts with vendor support engineers or technicians
• Analyze and resolve computer and printer hardware and software problems in an efficient and accurate manner following all safety and security precautions
• Provide setup and teardown services for local, regional and national performing acts. This includes load in, load out, and set construction.
• Operation and troubleshooting of computerized lighting systems for stage and industrial areas. Create and control lighting for local and regional acts.
• Configuration, programming, and maintenance of high-end sound equipment including mixing boards, amplifiers, audio processors, wired and wireless mic systems. Providing both front and back of house support and operation of these systems during performances.
• Install and troubleshoot digital signage systems including both indoor and outdoor displays, video walls, projectors, monument and
• pylon signs. Familiarity with VGA, DVI, HDMI, and Multicast preferred.
• Perform moves/adds/changes on traditional, digital, and IP based phone and voicemail systems. Basic understanding of PRI, ISDN, POTS and IP based communication technology preferred.
• Provide scheduled on-call support for after-hours support issues and resolution
• Perform inventory of Company assets and document stock levels for department visibility
• Record, monitor, track, and document work performed using the Company’s tracking system
• Provide Smart Device activation and enrollment into Company’s Mobile Device Management System and provide initial user training
• Provide support for Company’s Marketing Media Content Delivery Systems
• Other duties, as assigned
• In-collaboration with and under guidance of Corporate IT functional teams:
o Participate in disaster recovery testing
o Participate in functional and empirical analysis related to the design, development, planning, and configuration of computer and peripheral hardware
o Participate in rollouts of new computer and software upgrades
o Perform advanced desktop engineering functions, including computer imaging, setup and deployment in the field environment
o Provide user training and support using Company configuration management tools and applications
o Assist in determining product compatibility, flexibility, and recommends replacement, upgrade or retirement of Company assets during assigned duties
• High School Diploma or equivalent required; Associates of Applied Science degree in a computer science discipline or comparable level of experience preferred.
• Must have Two (2) years of experience in an IT Support position, preferred, OR a combination of Network or Systems Engineering experience AND any combination of the following:
o Two (2) years of applied experience with current Microsoft Windows Operating Systems
o Two (2) years of experience working on enterprise desktop, and server-related projects preferred.
• Must have basic computer and networking skills and fundamentals, experience in a resort hotel casino environment preferred
• Must have a high level of technical knowledge relative to the installation and connectivity of computer and printer systems, including the configuration, maintenance and support of new and existing solutions.
• Must have strong organizational, analytical, and troubleshooting skills.
• Must be knowledgeable in basic and advanced computer and printer operation and related support and basic troubleshooting techniques
• Must be able to type quickly and accurately, preferably at least 50 wpm.
• Must have exceptional customer service, verbal and written communications, interpersonal and telephone etiquette skills; and adopts Company core values
• Must be highly organized, detail-oriented, and able to effectively multi-task.
• Must possess and demonstrate the following skills
o Decision Making
o Concern for Quality
o Exceeds Customer Expectations
o Achieving Results
o Analytical Thinking
o Problem solving
o Communication skills
• Ability to acquire gaming license, as required
• Any combination of the following certifications, experience, training preferred:
o A+ Certification
o Network+ or Cisco Certified Technician or CCNA Certification
o MCSA Certification
o Linux experience
o ITIL V3 Awareness