Full-Time Maintenance Supervisor
Full-Time Maintenance Supervisor
Reports to: Facilities Manager
Direct Reports: None
Arts Quest Values Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging
Our employees are the most valuable assets we have. The collective sum of the individual differences, life experiences, knowledge, inventiveness, innovation, self-expression, unique capabilities, and talent that our employees invest in their work represents a significant part of not only our culture, but our reputation and the organization’s achievement as well.
At ArtsQuest a diverse, inclusive, and equitable workplace is one where all employees feel valued and respected whatever their age, color, disability, ethnicity, family or marital status, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, and/or veteran status. We embrace and encourage our employees’ characteristics that make them unique, because we value and appreciate diverse life experiences.
The Maintenance Supervisor is responsible for supervising the processes and procedures that support the upkeep of facilities, buildings, and grounds of the organization. This includes a wide variety of responsibilities in different building locations, depending on the events/functions taking place. Buildings include the ArtsQuest Center, Banana Factory, Bethlehem Visitors Center, Levitt and Mack Truck Stop, the Turn and Grind, and the campus, grounds, and parking lots associated with each. Duties vary with the day-to-day operations as it relates to the buildings and premises.
Essential Job Functions:
Facilities Maintenance and Upkeep:
- Help to ensure a clean, safe, and comfortable environment in all buildings and outdoor areas of the campus.
- To plan, prioritize, review, and perform a variety of semi-skilled work in the maintenance, repair and minor upkeep of the buildings and its premises, including filter maintenance, light fixture maintenance and minor cleaning.
- Monitor our Maintenance Help Desk, respond and resolve all maintenance requests through delegation or immediate action.
- Make minor maintenance repairs as needed; may include unclogging drains, painting and repairing furniture and equipment.
- Monitor contracted custodial services; identify contract violations and service problems, and optimize cost savings
- Directly fill-in and perform all custodial duties in the absence of custodial staff.
- Inspect building and premises to identify maintenance needs and take appropriate action.
- Function as crew leader for all major upkeep projects
- Monitor and maintain all monthly checklists for building maintenance, including monthly emergency light checks, monthly roof drain cleanings, etc.
- Plan and monitor appropriate facility and housekeeping staffing levels and ensure efficient utilization of said staff.
- Attend weekly BEO’s and schedule all HVAC and cleaning needs based on event and operational schedules at each building.
- Use web-based scheduling and timekeeping programs to schedule and track hours and payroll expenses and code to the appropriate job codes.
- Supervise staff of facilities assistants and housekeeping associates, providing training, direction, and support.
- Order and maintain adequate equipment and supply inventory for custodial staff.
- Pick-up and deliver a variety of equipment as needed to complete the necessary maintenance tasks.
- Work varied shifts, may include nights, weekends, holidays as required
Note: This job description represents the essential functions of the position but is not all inclusive. This position may be assigned and expected to handle other tasks and duties reasonably related to job the responsibilities.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- 3-5 years of prior work experience in maintenance, repair.
- 3-5 years of prior supervision of semi-skilled staff preferred.
- High school diploma required, Bachelor’s degree in related field preferred. A valid driver’s license with a clean driving record; the ability to move from building to building throughout the day using reliable transportation.
- Knowledge and use of tools and equipment used in building maintenance and repair work.
- Knowledge of proper planning and maintenance techniques.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to identify and make decisions regarding facilities and maintenance repairs; an ability to make decisions quickly and independently as well as with input from others.
- Excellent communication skills, verbal, written and interpersonal.
- Ability to use a computer and phone; proficiency with Microsoft Office suite of products; Word, Excel, Outlook. Other maintenance-related, ticketing system programs a plus.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to professionally interact with people, issues, and stay calm and collected in emergency situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential function of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to:
- Communicate either verbally and/or in writing.
- Interact with a wide variety of people, including volunteers.
- Sit, stand, climb, kneel, stoop and walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
- See, hear, listen, talk; use a computer and phone, hand and power tools, diagnostic instruments.
- Lift up to 25 pounds frequently, and up to 50 to 100 pounds occasionally, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Travel between organization’s facilities, all within 1 mile of one another using reliable transportation. Employee is occasionally required to travel offsite for business meetings as needed.
ArtsQuest has a culture of CARES; Creativity, Adaptability, Risk Taking, Evaluation and Sustainability; In order to be successful at ArtsQuest you must be willing and able to take ownership, and make significant contributions to the success of the organization:
- We value a collaborative work style as well as the ability to work cross-functionally.
- We not only work in an office environment in close vicinity with other staff members, across multiple buildings, we also work outdoors in all types of weather during festivals and events.
- We often work long and unusual hours, including some evenings, weekends and holidays to support our festivals and events.
Salary and Benefits:
A salary range has been established and will be discussed with qualified candidates. Salary will be commensurate with experience. Benefits include medical, term life, and disability insurance, as well as a 403(b) retirement savings plan. We offer a generous paid time off policy as well as discounts on select visual arts and education programs, concerts, comedy and cinema, festivals, and events.
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
ArtsQuest is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Please visit our careers page to see more job opportunities.