There’s a side of Big Sky, Montana that speaks to those seeking something special. A vast 8,000 acre landscape where stunning natural beauty and an endless array of alpine adventures blend together to create a private club and mountain living experience like no other.
Whether it’s winter or summer, Moonlight Basin is something you won’t soon forget. The mountain scenery, the direct access to some of the finest skiing at Big Sky Resort, the hiking, the golf and so much more all add up to the perfect place to work and enjoy Montana.
Moonlight Basin is located right in the middle of the best things to see and do in
The Director of Food & Beverage has overall responsibility for the food and beverage outlets and all divisional associates for both Front and Heart of House. This position must have experience creating and implementing pre-opening critical paths for all food & beverage operations, pre and post opening budgets, operating standards, job descriptions and training manuals for each position. After opening, the position is responsible for ongoing operations, refining operating standards and practices as needed based on business conditions, preparing all financial reports from annual budgets to monthly forecasting, meeting all goals and objectives set annually. The successful candidate will have impeccable professional references for exceptional leadership and communication skills, cutting edge technical food & beverage knowledge for opening and operating a high end hotel or free standing restaurants. Prior opening experience of a high end restaurant, college degree and at least five years experience in an executive committee level food & beverage and multi-unit position is desired.
1. High school graduate and 2-4 year college degree.
2. Computer literate; Word, Excel, Outlook.
3. Strong interpersonal skills.
4. Must be detail oriented and organized with the ability to multi-task.
5. Flexibility of hours and willingness to work more than 40 hours per week, including holidays and weekends.
6. Must have ability to manage and motivate employees.
7. Must be a leader and willing to work cohesively with other business units.
1. Contract management and tracking
2. Inventory asset management and tracking
3. Ability to create proper documentation for recruiting, coaching, safety, discipline, etc.
4. Manage, maintain and manage equipment leases.
5. Ability to negotiate with various vendors in order to obtain the desired guest and operating supplies at the best quality and price.
6. Basic understanding of liquor laws and serve save programs.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Integrate with our team and embrace the responsibilities associated a senior leadership position
2. Responsible for the selection, training and development of key leadership personnel within the division and its departments. Able to exercise hire and fire discretion within Moonlight Basin’s policies. Oversee divisional matters as they relate to federal, state and local employment and civil rights laws.
3. Interact positively with guests promoting club facilities and services. Resolve problems to the satisfaction of involved parties. Maintain communication with all departments to ensure guest service needs are met.
4. Move throughout facility and kitchen areas to visually monitor and take action to ensure food quality and service standards are met.
5. Maintain profitability of division to support overall club operation. Control payroll and equipment costs (minimizing loss and misuse). Ensure par stock levels are maintained by calculating inventory. Evaluate cost effectiveness of all aspects of operation. Develop and implement cost saving and profit enhancing measures.
6. Control the elements that determine profit and loss. Responsible for all major operating expenses. Set margins and manage the business against projections. Make decisions that relate to profit and loss. Responsible for the financial management of the operation.
7. Work in support of team goals and measures effectiveness through the Food & Beverage profit and service performance of the club.
8. Assist in the overall development of the summer and winter club calendars.
9. Uphold Moonlight Basin core mission, vision, and values, and lead associates to do the same.
10. Other duties as assigned by the General Manager.
This job description is only a summary of the typical functions of this position and should not serve as an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all the possible duties, tasks and responsibilities for this specific job. The responsibilities, tasks, and duties of this position might differ from those outlined above and other duties may be assigned as necessary.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace.