Front of House Manager at The Great Dane (Fitchburg)
Who We Are:
The Great Dane Pub & Brewing Company was established by college friends Eliot Butler and Rob LoBreglio. The two dreamed of starting a Brewpub that offered many varieties of house-brewed ales and lagers and hearty made-from-scratch pub fare to accompany the beers. The original Downtown location opened in November 1994 and expanded with the addition of a pool hall in 1996. The wild success of the first Great Dane led to the decision to open more pubs in the Madison area.
The Fitchburg Great Dane began operations in 2002 and the Hilldale pub followed in 2006. In 2009, the Hilldale pub expanded its brewery and opened a 4,000 square foot pool hall. Additionally, in May of 2009, the first Great Dane outside of the Madison area debuted in Wausau, Wisconsin. The Wausau Great Dane added a 100 seat beer garden and outdoor bar in the spring of 2011. In November 2010, the fifth Great Dane began operations in Grandview commons, off of Cottage Grove Road on Madison’s east side.
Madison's original craft brewpub, the Great Dane serves craft beer and eats in a fun, casual environment. With the support of our amazing staff, guests, and community the team at the Dane strives to be Madison's Best Friend.
This position is being recruited by Clock’d on behalf of The Great Dane.
Who You Are:
You are looking for a person that is passionate about hospitality, has a strong desire to lead a team to success, and has an eye on the business at all times. We are looking for a leader to take ownership in the management of the floor, training of the staff, and learn the ropes by working with the leadership team.
If you are a first time manager new to the service industry or a seasoned service industry professional who is not afraid to lead from the front we encourage you to apply.
JOB ROLE & DUTIES:
- Interview, hire, and train new FOH team members
- Schedule FOH staff on HotSchedules
- Manger floor and provide support to staff during assigned shifts
- Provide customer service to guests in-house and over the phone
- Demonstrate proper treatment of all FOH & BOH staff of the Great Dane
- Make sure shifts are properly staffed for successful shift operations
- Perform daily administrative tasks to satisfaction and communicate to Tori, our
- Secure money and credit cards in our accounts
- Oversee location mechanicals and furnishings are in working order or repaired in a
- Communicate all pertinent information in and out of your location to fellow management, staff, and administration of the Great Dane
- Oversee FOH specific ordering, inventory, and cost control duties
- Manage, in partnership and with oversight of the Kitchen Manager, all BOH operations and that they are performed up to Great Dane standards
- Oversee monthly budgetary goals, monthly financials, and the ability to adjust operations to achieve said goals
NECESSARY SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Passionate about hospitality and building a team that works together
- Knows the importance of the numbers behind the business
- Passionate about providing stellar customer service
- Empowers employees and is constantly driven to learn
- Willing to brainstorm new ideas and processes to implement in the pubs
- Willing to help wherever is necessary, whether that’s to pour a pint, bus a table, or create a schedule
- Strong professional communication and computer skills for ordering systems, company
emails, and Excel spreadsheets
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Experience with Toast or ability to quickly learn new POS systems
- Experience with HotSchedules or ability to quickly learn an employee scheduling tool
- ServSafe® Manager Certification a plus but not required
- FOH managerial experience a plus. We’re more focused on finding the right person
- $45k-$50k salary after probationary period with extra earning opportunities!
- Health and dental insurance options after a probationary period. We pay 90% of premiums for Standard & HDHP Plans
- Vacation (Full-time Managers managing an average of 75 – 80+ hours each payroll)
- One week (40 hours) after six months
- Two weeks (80 hours) after one year
- Three weeks (120 hours) after five years
- Maternity/Paternity Leave
40 hours (one week) paid for full-time managers
- Bonuses – Monthly, yet discretionary
- Free food and beer at your location and free food and beer for 1 visit per month at
any other Great Dane location
- Free Great Dane merchandise
- Yearly Fitchburg location-specific staff parties
The Great Dane is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: The Great Dane is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at The Great Dane are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, age, creed, disabilities, sex, national origin, age, citizenship, disability, veteran status, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. The Great Dane will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.
This policy governs all areas of employment at The Great Dane, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignments, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and termination.
Please visit our careers page to see more job opportunities.
Apply for this Position