About Atlantic Housing Foundation:
Atlantic Housing Foundation (AHF), Inc. is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit affordable housing provider. Founded in 1999, we currently own and operate over 10,000 units of multifamily properties in 6 states and 37 cities. In addition to HUD HAP and LIHTC properties, Atlantic Housing owns and operates affordable housing, mixed-income multifamily assets, student housing and senior housing.
The mission of Atlantic Housing Foundation, Inc. is to promote and preserve quality affordable housing and related services for low and moderate income families, helping residents improve their lives. We will do this in a manner that will foster the continuous improvement of our people and our company. We strive to be a top performing, thoroughly professional and genuinely caring organization in all that we do. As an organization, we aspire to and believe in - Making a difference.
Why Should You Apply?
- You believe in the AHF mission and core values
- You are the best at what you do
- You meet the qualifications below
- Paid every two weeks
- Educational Reimbursement
- Opportunities for upward mobility
- 12 Paid Company Holidays
- 32 hours of Volunteer Time Off annually
- 16 hours of Learning Time Off annually
- Competitive Paid Time Off accrual
- Rent discount if living on-site
- Multiple health care insurance plans that cover medical, dental, prescription, vision, employer HSA contributions, and supplemental health insurance
- Competitive 401(k) Program with employer matching contributions
About the Floating Community Manager - North Texas role:
The Floating Community Manager - North Texas will support the Region in the capacity of Community Manager when positions are vacant and/or additional assistance is required, The Floating Community Manager will have a proven track record of successfully managing multifamily properties, including HUD properties, Student Housing, LIHTC, Conventional, utilizing superior communication skills and a positive attitude. Community Managers directly supervise the property’s on-site staff to ensure implementation of all corporate policies and procedures.
- Reporting: Prepare accurate and timely reports (weekly, monthly, quarterly, annually and ad hoc) detailing cash flow, budget variances, market studies, and business strategies.
- Budget and Expense and Program Goals: Assist in developing annual budgets, and executing on same, including managing expenses and achieving company goals, including revenue, occupancy, social programs, and other aspects of the Foundation’s mission.
- Capital Improvements: Work with the Regional Manager and corporate team to review and inspect all capital replacement plans; ensure all are within the scope of the approved budget.
- Market Research: Maintain detailed knowledge of the local market and competition, and develop tailored marketing plans and strategies.
- Vendor Management: Solicit bids and negotiate with vendors.
- Tenant Relations: Lead the on-site team in excellent customer service.
- Resident Services: Review and monitor the monthly schedule of resident services activities are taking place and supporting of the AHF mission.
- Routine Legal Matters: Lead on-site staff in evictions and other routine legal matters.
- Fair Housing and Legal Compliance: Remain abreast of federal and state legal developments as they pertain to our business, including Fair Housing, EEO, OSHA, and ADA, and assist in assuring compliance.
- Process Improvement: Assist in ongoing process improvement, including revisions of policies and procedures.
- Employee Reviews and Compensation: Review performance and recommend (or approve as appropriate) employee compensation decisions.
- Site Inspections: Personally inspect the property on a regular basis (both scheduled and unscheduled visits), assuring the marketability of the community, both interior and exterior.
Education and Experience:
- At least three (3) years prior experience in on-site multifamily property management, at least one (1) of which must have been a Property Manager / Community Manager of a Tax Credit Community
- Proven completion of a leadership development program (preferred)
- High School degree or equivalent (Required)
- Professional Designation or Certification indicating property management expertise (e.g., CPM, ARM, CAM, TCS, HCCP, SCHM, or equivalent designation from a recognized MF industry organization)
- Prior experience with affordable housing programs (income and rent restrictions, LURA and/or Tax Credit compliance, etc.)
- Proficiency with Yardi property management software (preferred) or experience with similar property management software.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively recruit, retain, manage, direct, train, motivate and lead both office and maintenance personnel
- 2+ years prior experience evaluating employee performance, coaching and developing team members
Job Type: Full-time
Job Type: Full-time