1 Position is Sunday-Wednesday 10pm-8am
2nd Position is Thursday- Saturday 9pm-10a
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE: A High School Diploma or equivalent, one-year experience
working with children in a group setting, and at least 21
years of age.
HOURS: 24/7 for 7 days then off 7 days . Work 26 weeks per year. This is a live in position .
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Participates in the development and implementation of individual service plans.
2. Oversees and assists the residents in the completion of their homework and studies,
household chores, house maintenance, personal care, meal preparation and shopping,
social and recreational activities and transportation services, as necessary.
3. Reports observations of resident involvement in the daily record.
4. Conducts fire drills at least monthly according to regulations and agency policies and
5. Maintains residence, vehicle and equipment in a safe, functional and secure manner
conducive to the residents’ physical well-being.
6. Assists the residents in the expression and fulfillment of their needs within the guidelines
established in the facility policies to provide growth and self-sufficiency.
7. Provides crisis intervention strategies as prescribed in the policies and procedures of for
treatment/support, as necessary.
8. Responds in accordance with policies and procedures for handling emergency situations.
9. Participates as a team member in supervisor, staff and team meetings.
10. Supports and follows all policies and procedures, as well as complying with all applicable
11. Supervises and/or administers the taking of medications in accordance with policies and
procedures governing medication administration.
12. Attends in-service education programs, conferences or continuing education to maintain
current knowledge of developments within the field.
13. Manages relationships with residents, visitors, families and staff by responding promptly to
inquire with tact and sensitivity. Demonstrates a courteous, cooperative and positive
attitude, maintaining strict standards of confidentiality and professional conduct.
Must be ambulatory.
Must be able to hear normally and speak clearly.
Possess ability to climb stairs, to pursue children and to participate in, and supervise
children’s recreational activities.
Needs considerable upper body strength as well as full range of motion in their arms,
hands, legs and feet
Daily activities may include bending, lifting as much as 25 lbs, walking up to a mile at
one time, and driving a car for several hours at a time.
Must be able to use hands and have upper body strength to hold aggressive children.
The work environment consists of home, school, office, recreational and community
milieus, and is navigable by those possessing the above named physical requirements.
May include contact with residents with mental health issues who demonstrate
behaviors such as cursing, shouting, running away, self harm and violence and abide by
the safety plans for children with risk factors.
Occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions while monitoring residents in the
outside courtyard and assisting residents to and from transportation vehicles.
May be exposed to odors such as fragrances, cleaning products, and clients who
experience difficulty with personal hygiene.
Job Type: Full-time
Proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Service Provider. We are a smoke-free and drug-free environment.
ChildFirst Services Inc. is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled