We are seeking an energetic self-motivated, committed and Barback Bartender that is passionate about providing a positive guest experience at the Rocca Bar Ristorante, located within the Robert E. Lee Hotel in Lexington, Virginia.
Robert E. Lee Hotel | Rocca Bar & Ristorante
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/Disabled/Veterans.
Under the direction of the Director of Food & Beverage, the Bar Back provides assistance to Bartenders to enable them to provide excellent guest service. By helping to greet patrons and keeping the bars clean and stocked the Bar Back allows bartenders and cocktail servers to operate more efficiently.
This position is responsible for providing food and beverage services to guests in a friendly, efficient, and professional manner; ensures a positive experience for all guests.
- Covers others when other Bar Backs are on break.
- Ensures the station is as clean as possible for the next shift.
- Empties trash as necessary throughout the shift, and at the end of the shift.
- Keeps the bar stations fully stocked (ice, mixes, garnishes, napkins, straws, etc.)
- Keeps the floors clean and presentable, and ensures that all debris is picked up.
- Washes hands after cleaning ashtrays, handling dirty dishes, or emptying the trash.
- Perform other duties as assigned to support the efficient operation of the department.
- Keeps bar surfaces clean, wipes down inside of reach-ins and beer coolers to prevent condensation buildup, cleans all garnish trays at the end of each shift or as needed, wipes down all mix containers and alcohol bottles at the end of each shift.
- Prepares fruit garnishes for each shift, and assists Bartenders in mixing and preparing bulk alcohol and mix recipes for volume sale. (Concentrated juices, Sangria, Spiced Cider, etc.)
- Assists the Bartender in greeting new guests and obtaining drink orders. May also be required to serve and collect payment for drinks.
- Assists the Bartender in retrieving or serving beer, sodas, or bottles beverages to guests or Cocktail Servers at the Bartenders direction during volume times.
Bar Back Safety:
- Notifies immediate supervisor of any problems and or concerns.
- Performs additional job-related duties as assigned by their supervisor/management.
- Maintains cleanliness, organization & preparedness of immediate workspace & adjacent areas.
- Determines if loads are too heavy which may result in injury and requests assistance from supervisor.
- Maintains constant safety awareness: asks for help when need; lifts with legs, not back; ensures path is clear when transporting loads; wears slip-resistant, rubber sole shoes.
- Exercises extreme care and takes time when working around heated objects (cappuccino machines, coffee urns).
Required Qualifications, Knowledge and Skills:
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Previous experience in a restaurant setting preferred
- Minimum three (3) months related experience or training required.
- Must possess excellent customer service and communications skills.
- Must have a warm, inviting and engaging personality and be comfortable in an entertainment setting.
- Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Respond to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
- Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; Completes tasks on time or notifies the appropriate person with an alternate plan.
About the Company:
Up to Par Management, and its subsidiary, Taylor Hospitality, is a leading club and hospitality management company specializing in golf, country club, hotel, and restaurant operations, full-service management, and consulting. We are a growth-oriented company pride ourselves in providing opportunities for our associates as well as our partner properties.
Up to Par Management LLC is a premier management company creating lifetime memories for its members, guests, and associates through its profitable clubs, hotels, restaurants, and value-added services and community relationships. Up to Par offers unique guests and associates experience that combines the nostalgic essence of culture and sophistication with comfortable, modern conveniences. Join the Up to Par Team as we continue to deliver on our core purpose, to Positively Impact Others.