Eastern Canada Service Technician
The Vicinity Motor (Bus) Corporation (Previously Grande West Transportation Group) is a Canadian bus manufacturer which designs, engineers and manufactures mid-size buses for transit authorities and commercial enterprises. The Vicinity bus is available in a variety of models powered by clean diesel or CNG, designed with affordability, accessibility and environmental responsibility in mind. Further to this, as a part of the global transition to sustainable transportation, the Vicinity Motor Corporation will be introducing the Vicinity Lightning EV bus, as well as a line of Electric Work Trucks.
We are looking for an Eastern Canada Service Technician to support our customers fleet of VMC buses, the technician is remote position and responsible for providing technical repair and service work either in a facility or in the field. Service technician may work on buses needing to be maintained, diagnostic review and repaired.
- Ensure customer satisfaction for vehicles in and out of warranty
- Engage with customers to ensure maximum satisfaction and build relationships
- Provide technical support to fleets in and around Quebec
- Performing repairs as needed in and out of warranty
- Use creativity and resourcefulness to solve problems in the field
- Review and approve local warranty claims
- Discussion parts sales packages with customers
- Reporting on parts and service experiences from the customer
- Track and report on daily duties – IE calls/repairs/diagnosis/parts and service discussions
- Communicate product design improvements to engineering and development teams
- Research and build campaigns and service bulletins to resolve field issues
- Develop and deliver training programs to the customer
- Assist and train customers on new procedures, hands-on where required
- Assist clients in maximizing vehicle performance, uptime, and reducing operating costs
- Travel will be required
Roles and Responsibilities
- Communicating with customers by phone and email about the service or warranty required for their vehicle or fleet (30% of role).
- Researching and developing step by step repair procedure to deliver over the phone or email (30% of role).
- Traveling to customer site (20% of role).
- Repairing unit in the field (20% of role).
- Selling parts and service packages (10% of role).
- Highly skilled in maintenance and troubleshooting of heavy-duty vehicle mechanical and electrical systems
- Excellent organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Post-Secondary Technical Diploma an asset
- Red Seal Heavy Duty Equipment Technician or Automotive Service Technician an asset
- Class 5 License air brake endorsement and clean driver’s abstract
- Proficient in technical writing, using Windows and Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to create TSB and Campaigns from data collected and analyzed by the Service and Engineering teams
- Ability to travel
- Ability to host technical training sessions
- Fluent in English and French – reading and writing
- CNG experience an asset
- EV experience an asset