The Finance Intern will be responsible for supporting the Finance Department in various areas including, but not limited to, General Ledger, Accounts Payable, Hotel Accounting and Food & Beverage Accounting. The Finance Student Intern will receive personalized training and mentorship from our team of professionals. The Finance Intern will also have the opportunity to develop and/or strengthen their planning, organizational, time management, communication, guest focus, and interpersonal skills.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Supports the Finance Department in an entry-level administrative role.
2. Supports administrative areas of Diamond Beach Hotel and Food & Beverage Operation.
3. Assists with maintaining Daily Reports for Hotel and Food & Beverage entities.
4. Supports all Accounts Payable (AP) and Accounts Receivable daily activity.
5. Balances and reconciles accounts and pull reports from M3 accounting software.
6. Prepares and processes electronic transfers and payments.
7. Interacts with vendors, suppliers, and Team Members by email and telephone.
8. Maintains organized files for all activity.
9. Protects integrity of the business by keeping information confidential.
10. Participates in ICONA’s weekly culture meetings.
11. Performs other duties as directed.
1. Ethical Conduct
3. Time Management
4. Organization Skills
5. Financial Management
6. Project Management
This position has no supervisory responsibility.
This job operates in a professional office and hotel F&B operations environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets, and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
PHYSICAL ENVIROMENTAL DEMANDS:
• Stand- Under 2/3rd of the time
• Walk- Under 2/3rd of the time
• Sit- Over 2/3rd of the time
• Use hands to fingers, handle or feel- Over 2/3rd of the time
• Reach with arms and hands- Under 2/3rd of the time
• Climb or balance- Under 1/3rd of the time
• Stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl- Under 1/3rd of the time
• Talk or hear- Over 2/3rd of the time
• Lift minimum of 5lbs.-35 lbs.- Under 1/3rd of the time
• Adherence to all policy and procedures delineated in the ICONA Handbook
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Expected hours of work are day shifts, 9am-5pm, with some weekend flexibility required.
Minimal travel is expected for this position.
Required Education and Experience
1. High school diploma or equivalent required
2. Current college student, pursuing a degree in Finance/Accounting
3. Hospitality experience a plus
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.