FT Office Coordinator
Full-Time Office Coordinator
Position Reports to: Office Specialist
Direct Reports: Front Desk Leads, Front Desk Assistants (BF/VC)
Responsible for oversight and supervision of the Front Desk Leads and Assistants for the Banana Factory and Visitor Center. Provides administrative support for Facilities and Festivals and Finance teams. Interacts with customers, vendors and crafters face to face, by phone or electronically regarding all programs and events presented by ArtsQuest. Responsible for coordination of ordering office supplies for the organization as needed and within budget. Sorting, metering and distribution of all incoming mail and outgoing mail.
Front Desk Supervision:
Direct activities of part-time Banana Factory and Visitor Center front desk leads and assistants, including coordination of administrative support for all departments as needed.
- Selection, scheduling and coordination of training of front desk staff for Banana Factory and Visitor Center.
- Welcome all visitors to our facilities; deliver exceptional customer service over the phone and in person to internal and external customers, providing additional support during festivals and events either on the phone or in person; direct volunteers/interns and guests to the appropriate location and staff person.
- Provide information about ArtsQuest, its programs and our buildings; gather and disseminate information regarding the programs and events of the organization, communicating with all departments as needed.
- Answer multi-line phones, forwarding calls and taking messages when necessary.
- Use of computer to send and receive information, assist patrons, and answer questions, as well as to process ticket orders, class registrations and memberships via phone or in person; includes entering orders, discounts, and refunds, as well as printing class rosters, daily schedules, process payments for art sales, tickets, and gift cards when necessary.
- Oversight of receiving deliveries for all building tenants and coordinating pick-up in a timely manner. Understand the opening and closing procedures of the building including security system, burglar alarm, fire alarm and sprinkler system.
- Schedule and establish training and quarterly meetings for front desk staff; review and approve payroll entries in the timekeeping system as needed.
- Work with Front Desk Leads to create manuals for the front desk staff for daily activities and festivals
Administrative Support: Assist Office Specialist in the following areas as needed:
- Open, sort and distribute mail, maintaining confidentiality regarding employees, vendors, outside agencies, etc. so that sensitive information is safeguarded; responsible for incoming and outgoing mail and for establishing standards and procedures for doing so in coordination with Finance, Operations and Human Resources, including daily maintenance of Department Mail Log for all checks received at the Banana Factory.
- Work with retail to order uniforms; responsible for tracking and handling all payments and reconciliation with Finance.
- Maintain, organize, inventory and order supplies for office; manage the office supply budget, overseeing ordering of office supplies for all facilities; work with Marketing to order branded materials when needed in for specific supplies, business cards and stationery used by entire staff.
- Maintenance of all crafter, retail, and food vendor records for all festivals and events; includes data entry for incoming applicants, maintaining database, working with finance on receivables, preparing/sending out/receiving contracts, COI’s and other information required for participation in our events.
- Assistance with preparation and collection of city forms for events.
- Parking pass distribution and record keeping for festivals and events.
- Manage certificates of insurance for all vendors at all events produced by AQ or happening on AQ leased/owned properties.
- Handle all UPS/USPS shipping needs for AQ organization.
- Minute-taking at various committee meetings as required, i.e. Capital Resources Committee, Audit and Finance Committee, etc.
- Responsible for upkeep of the postage machine; manage the office copy room including maintaining supplies, sending, or receiving faxes and coordinating copier/printer needs. Work with Development and Marketing departments on managing the bulk permit postal account for large mailings.
- Coordinate room reservations for internal staff and refer to the appropriate department for external patrons’ requests; post daily/weekly schedules at appropriate conference room locations & update daily as necessary.
- Responsible for set up and maintenance of mailboxes at Banana Factory.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- At least two (2) years of general office coordination and supervisory experience
- Previous customer service experience: experience with multi-line phones preferred.
- Flexible, “think on your feet” attitude; ability to take ownership of the position, areas of responsibility and work independently.
- Extensive knowledge and exposure to ArtsQuest programs preferred.
- Computer/web competency including Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint; experience with Raiser’s Edge, and Square helpful; ability to learn new computer programs, including ticketing, scheduling and database software.
- Ability to multi-task with attention to detail in fast-paced environment.
- Ability to sit, stand, walk, stoop, bend, talk, hear, see and lift to 20 pounds occasionally with or without assistance.
- Ability to work during the varying hours of operation of our facilities which range from 8 AM to 10 PM daily required, as well as weekends when necessary.
- Normal working environment is indoors, however, the ability to work indoors and outdoors in all types of weather conditions during festivals and events is required.
- Associate degree or certification from a business school or relevant college education.
Note: As job descriptions cannot possibly list all types of activities that one may encounter in a position, the person holding the position may be required to undertake other duties that are broadly in line with the above key duties as assigned by his/her supervisor when necessary.
ArtsQuest has a culture of CARES; Creativity, Adaptability, Risk Taking, Evaluation and Sustainability; In order to be successful at ArtsQuest you must be willing and able to take ownership, and make significant contributions to the success of the organization:
- We value a collaborative work style as well as the ability to work cross-functionally.
- We not only work in an office environment in close vicinity with other staff members, across multiple buildings, we also work outdoors in all types of weather during festivals and events
- We sometimes work long and unusual hours, including some evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Candidates from under-represented communities are encouraged to apply
Salary and Benefits:
A salary range has been established and will be discussed with qualified candidates. Salary will be commensurate with experience. Benefits include medical, term life, and disability insurance, as well as a 403(b)-retirement plan. We offer a generous paid time off policy as well as discounts on select visual arts and education programs, concerts, comedy and cinema, festivals and events.
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
ArtsQuest is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Please visit our careers page to see more job opportunities.