Teacher – Axcess
The Teacher – Axcess is responsible for ministering to special needs children and families in our community by offering a Christ centered childcare program and to provide them with a safe, secure and loving environment that encourages and allows for each child to grow emotionally, physically, mentally, socially and most of all spiritually. This role is to provide a safe, nurturing, Christian educational learning environment for all children so that a greater understanding of God’s love can be portrayed.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Creating a classroom learning environment that supports the developmentally appropriate needs of the children in the assigned class
· Designing daily plans to meet the age-appropriate needs of the children with a focus on their interest, developmental stages, and individual learning styles
· Prepare and carry out a regular schedule of activities for the assigned class
· Working with the teachers of the same age group as a collective team and share in the task of planning
· Work according to the schedule outlined by the Axcess Director and maintain punctuality
· Plan, supervisor and implement a daily teaching program in accordance with the curriculum guide that has been provided
· Attend classes, workshops, training programs, conferences, courses, and other training opportunities for personal or professional growth outlined and approved by the Axcess Director to include the required annual training hours per licensing
· Attend all staff meeting – scheduled or called
· Ensure that anyone going to another area as an Axcess Buddy is wearing a nametag
· Volunteer/serve as needed in both Easter and Christmas Team CBC weekends
· Other duties as assigned
· People person, energetic, highly motivated, patient
· Possess exceptional interpersonal skills and exhibits a positive attitude
· Ability to work well with teams
· Have a passion for serving and loving special needs children
· Professing Christian, striving to live a Christian lifestyle, maintaining daily disciplines of Bible reading and prayer
· Knowledge of all CBC safety standards and procedures of the church and those specific to special needs children’s ministry
POSITION TYPE/EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK
This is a regular part-time position. Monday – Thursday 8:30 am – 2:30 pm, with some weekend and evening work as job duties demand.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be regularly required to do the following:
· Must have good or corrected vision as well as effective peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus
· Must have good manual dexterity and be able to use repetitive motion of the hands and arms
· Must be able to move about the classroom and storage rooms to perform a variety of tasks
· Must be able to frequently and effectively communicate in both written and verbal form
· Must be able to frequently lift children up to 75 pounds
· Occasional reaching, stooping, kneeling, bending, and crouching
· Ability to work collaboratively and communicate effectively with team members at all levels of the organization
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
· General knowledge of special needs ministry
· Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) Certification preferred
· First Aid Certification preferred
Duties are performed in a childcare/classroom setting with occasional outside events/activities that require prolong standing. The environment may be fast-paced and hectic at times. Therefore, it is essential that the employee can effectively handle the normal anxieties associated with the job and manage multiple activities in a childcare setting.
· Must exemplify CBC core values of Honor, Hospitality, Hustle, High Capacity and Humility
· CBC Member, genuine desire to serve God and the Church
· Must live life beyond reproach 1 Timothy 3
Please visit our careers page to see more job opportunities.