Director, Software Development
Doing business to business, person to person. Payworks is a leading workforce management solutions provider and multi-year winner of the Canada’s Best Managed Companies program. We are proud to be Canadian owned and operated as well as committed to developing world-class products and providing a progressive workplace culture where Doing Right by People is our purpose.
With clients of all sizes from coast to coast and more than 300 employees, we currently have an exciting opportunity on our Development team for the right candidate. Because when it comes to great people, there’s always room for one more.DOING RIGHT BY PEOPLE – IT’S WHAT WE DO
The Director, Development will support and enable the Development team to do their best work while they build and deploy our world-class workforce management solutions.
The Director, Development is responsible for overseeing teams of developers building our core SaaS product. They will manage project goals, mentor and coach team members, build and improve our processes, and successfully deliver on company objectives and key results. The role requires connecting with other leaders across the organization to generate and benefit from cross-functional partnerships. Lastly, the Director will work closely with the VP, Development to plan and position the team for success in the future.WHY YOU SHOULD CHOOSE PAYWORKS
- Comprehensive employer paid benefits for you and your family and excellent pension plan with employer contributions.
- Plenty of professional development opportunities.
- Community-minded culture – Receive two paid days per year to volunteer and lots of opportunity to “Pay it Forward”.
- Time and flexibility to meet your needs – Hybrid work model with flexible work options, plus 3 weeks vacation to start, flex time and parental leave benefits.
- Cool perks – Annual wellness subsidy, Costco membership, fun office environment and events, regularly scheduled fitness classes, and more!
- Make our great people even better – Provide guidance, mentorship and coaching to Development teams and individuals, conducting employee reviews, evaluate performance and help people grow in their careers, hiring new talent to support the rapid growth expectations of the team.
- Keep us a step ahead – Drive development projects to achieve the desired results. Establishing the direction and goals for the team, continuously improving our processes, and finding innovative solutions to stay on the leading edge of products and services to take advantage of new technology.
- Build a product you are proud of – Work in collaboration with the VP, Development to create and implement strategic initiatives to drive product roadmap development and team growth. Work with product management and quality teams to build a product that you and the team are proud to be a part of.
- Pay it forward – Participate in programs that elevate our company brand within the community.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent related experience
- 8+ years experience in Software Development
- 5+ years leading or managing teams.
- Knowledge in software architecture and design, with demonstrated experience writing clean, modular, well-documented and well-tested code
- Experience managing multiple cross-functional teams and contract employees.
- Experience working with an Agile software development methodology
- Experience working with a SaaS enterprise product
- Knowledgeable about industry trends, best practices, and change management
- Familiarity with Microsoft technologies, specifically .NET Core (C#)
- Exceptional understanding of web application and services design and Microsoft SQL Server and T-SQL Queries
- Experience with HTML and modern front-end frameworks and technologies such as CSS3, SCSS and Vue.js
- Experience coordinating complex software development projects
- A management style that is complimentary to the existing company culture. Key attributes include teamwork, collaboration and continuous improvement, collaborative decision making, and an outgoing and direct communication style
We are proud to support a Flexible Work Plan that allows employees, in collaboration with their leader, to choose the work location that best suits their work and lifestyle. The Director, Development reports into the Payworks office, however has the option to work remotely, in the office or on a hybrid work model. Individuals working in the office and/or conducting in-person business operations must be fully vaccinated. Anyone unable to obtain a COVID-19 vaccine for a reason related to a protected ground set out in applicable provincial Human Rights Legislation may request an accommodation.
Payworks is committed to providing an inclusive, accessible environment, and collaborating with employees, clients and guests to identify and effectively remove barriers, in a manner that respects the principles of independence, dignity, integration, reasonable accommodation and equal opportunity. Payworks welcomes and encourages applications from all persons. Individuals applying for employment with Payworks may request accommodations at all stages of recruitment and employment from Human Resources.
Please visit our careers page to see more job opportunities.
Apply for this Position