Elementary School Instructional Coach:18-19 School Year
The instructional coach will assist classroom teachers and other instructional staff to develop strategies, techniques, and capacity to effectively teach math and reading to all students.
- Supervise the implementation of adopted curriculum
- Support teachers in strengthening the effectiveness of instructional practice by observing teaching practice, identifying areas for growth and development, providing models of effective practice; providing lesson planning support
- In collaboration with the Principal and School Improvement Team, prioritize professional development needs and organize a plan for individual, group, and whole staff professional development; deliver professional development activities as needed
- Organize and direct standardized testing, including the creation of testing schedules and data analysis calendars; provide data displays for teachers and lead data analysis meetings as needed
- Serve as a member of the Leadership Team of the school; Work with other members of the Leadership Team to plan for school success and problem-solve areas of concern; Participate in needs analysis and creation of budget recommendations that support achievement of school goals and objectives
- Effectively communicate the mission of HFA: Elementary School to students, staff, parents and community members
- Take an active role in the strategic planning for the school by serving as a member of the School and/or District Improvement Team
- Performs other related duties as assigned by the principal for the purpose of ensuring the effective and efficient functioning of the job of the instructional coach
- Research and provide content knowledge resources to staff
- Be at least 21 years of age
- Must possess a Bachelor’s Degree and a minimum of 3 years teaching experience at the elementary school level, including a proven record of effective authentic instruction, significant work with families and students as partners in learning, and integration of a wide range of unique, community resources.
- Have the willingness to assume any responsibilities appropriate for the position; expected to perform with a high level of professionalism
- An evident commitment to holding all students to high expectations for academic and personal success
- Significant experience working with urban children and their families
- Candidates should be comfortable operating in a flexible, self-directed and fast-paced work environment
To apply for this position, please complete our online application. Please combine all references, resumes, and teacher certificates into one file for upload during application.
HFA: Elementary School is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, national origin, marital status, height, weight, age, unrelated disability or other legally protected status.