Primary Function: Support, promote, and enhance the mission, vision, and strategic direction of the BGCGH. Ensure high-quality programming by creating systems and plans for clubs. Plan, evaluate, and oversee the implementation of priority Club programming. Responsible for outcomes management of a number of specific priority Club programs with a primary concern for ensuring impact and success. Knowledge of licensed after school program and knowledge/experience with Workforce Solutions - NCI. Bilingual in English and Spanish is highly preferred.
Key Roles (Essential Job Responsibilities):
· Assist in prioritizing programs for focus and implementation at all or specific Clubs.
· Manage program objectives and ensure each is consistent with organizational logic model, goals, and mission.
· Assist in developing meaningful measurements and targeted outcomes that provide opportunities for member achievement.
· Assist in creating and sustaining strategic relationships to further high-quality program development
· Manage performance of assigned staff if applicable. Provide direction, support, and guidance on an ongoing basis to ensure high-quality programming.
Program Management and Implementation
· Manage organizational program goals; ensuring that Club staff understand and can also effectively communicate standards of the programs.
· Assist and lead in new program development (may include philanthropic or government-funded programs.
· Oversee the provision of day-to-day program activities for programs at the organizational level working with Club Directors and program staff as needed.
· Ensure that members are encouraged to participate in the program areas/activities and develop methods for gathering constructive feedback to improve skills in program areas.
· Ensure the evaluation of programs on a continual basis.
· Educate and manage the Continuous Quality Improvement process for club staff.
· Manage systematic processes to monitor and assess programs on a regular basis.
· Identify and support training and development opportunities for staff and volunteers.
· Work with the internal (staff) program committee to enhance programs at all Clubs
- Work with the grant management task force coordinating activities with Finance and Development
- Manage relationships with appropriate contacts and recommend and deploy actions, strategies, and initiatives to maximize the return on government grants
- Write and craft responses, reports, materials, and grant information as needed and assigned.
- Other grant management duties as assigned by supervisor.
· Assist in managing programs and activity expenditures within approved budgets.
· Assist in managing proper record keeping and reporting of priority programs.
- Assist with collaborations with schools and other organizations to enhance the implementation of priority programs.
- Lead and establish key collaborative relationships in the community.
- Represent BGCGH on assigned committees and boards.
Internal: Maintains close contact with Club Directors and Program Directors to provide technical assistance in matters of programming and operations; interacts regularly with Director of Operations.
External: Maintains contact with external community groups, schools and others collaborations that support the operational efficiency of the BGCGH.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
- Minimum of a 5-year work experience in a non-profit agency operations management and supervision, or an equivalent combination of experience and education.
- Considerable knowledge of: the mission, objectives, policies, programs, and procedures of Boys & Girls Clubs; of the principles and practices of non-profit organizations.
- Knowledge of good business practices and administration.
- Demonstrated the ability to organize, direct and coordinate operations; in personnel supervision, the recruitment & retention of key personnel; facilities management, safety & security; and budget management.
- Bi-lingual in English and Spanish strongly preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and to develop solutions to problems with limited supervision.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with Club staff, subordinates, Board members, community groups, and other related agencies.
- Any and all reasonable duties assigned by supervisor.
- Valid Texas driver’s license.
The information presented indicates the general nature of work and level of work expected of employees in this classification. It is not designed to contain, nor to be interpreted as, a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, qualifications and objectives required of employees assigned to this job.
BOYS & GIRLS CLUBS OF GREATER HOUSTON INC. is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled