The Warehouse Associate will be the primary point of contact for incoming donations, they will ensure that incoming clothing or household items are in suitable condition for distribution to the Thrift Store or the emergency closets at The Mustard Seed drop-in facilities. As this position interacts directly with donors and volunteers, the Warehouse Associate is responsible for providing a positive experience for Donors.
Position Type: Part time, fixed contract
Schedule: to be determined
Reporting to: Thrift Store & Warehouse Supervisor
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Communicate the story of The Mustard Seed’s ministry and develop rapport, through intentional interactions with volunteers and donors
- Maintain a high level of professionalism and gratitude with all donors, volunteers and visitors
- Receive donations and work with TMS warehouse assistant to ensure to Hubs get the supplies requested, including preparing orders and control inventory
- Assist volunteers (groups and individuals) with sorting and other duties as required
- Attending to the upkeep and cleanliness of the warehouse and its perimeter and ensure a safe work space for donors and volunteers
- Inspect and process items according to quality standards
- Provide creative ideas for change or improvement of donor relations and goods stewardship
- Adhere to The Mustard Seed’s policies and procedures
- Participate in all staff training (e.g. First Aid, Safe TALK, Nonviolence) and attend monthly general meetings and support meetings with supervisor
- Conduct administrative duties as assigned by Thrift Store Supervisor
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Strong communication, customer service and conflict resolution skills
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to support front-line programs
- A team player, who works collaboratively and has a ‘teachable spirit’
- A self-starter with the ability to work in a cross-functional team and direct volunteer groups as required
- A demonstrated passion to be involved in ending homelessness in Alberta is essential
- Strong desire to work with a marginalized and vulnerable population
- Experience working in a volunteer-based organization is considered an asset
- Experience working within the culture of the inner city and/or with the less fortunate is an asset
- Experience in warehouse management is considered an asset
- This is a part time 30-35 hours position; work hours are primarily days, some evenings required
- The position will require, frequent manual labor, conflict resolution and organizational ability
- This position requires the ability to lift up to 50 lbs. Periods of standing, walking, indoors and outdoors of the warehouse
- An Employment Background Check is required for all positions at The Mustard Seed
- As The Mustard Seed is a Christian ministry, we require our employees to agree to respect and not detract from The Mustard Seed’s Employment Values during their employment at The Mustard Seed.
- Must have legal authorization to work in Canada on a full-time basis for anyone other than current employer
- Your privacy is important to us. The information we collect is used solely for consideration for employment.
- We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. The Mustard Seed reserves the right to amend job advertisements. No phone calls please.
- Please visit our careers page to see more job opportunities.