Call Center Care Agent
PCP for Life Magnolia, TX $15.00 to $25.00 per hour
PCP for Life is a family practice group with eight (8) locations across Greater Houston Area. Our practice has more than 20 providers and a staff of 150+ and growing. We are looking for candidates who are looking for a career in healthcare, and not just a job. PCP for Life is looking for bilingual care team members for our Patient Care team.
Qualifications and Skills
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Ability to deal professionally, courteously, and efficiently with the public and all levels of the organization.
- Ability to operate a computer, copier, and fax machine.
- Experience with Microsoft Office, electronic medical records, and practice management system (scheduling) software applications.
- Can demonstrate effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Can demonstrate effective customer relation skills, working with diverse populations, often in stressful fast-paced environments.
- Can demonstrate organizational skills, multi-tasking, and effective use of time.
- The Patient care agent accomplishes patient care by assessing treatment needs; developing, monitoring, and evaluating treatment plans and progress; facilitating interdisciplinary approaches; monitoring staff performance. Assist patients with our disease management programs and complete preventive health screenings.
- Determines patient’s requirements by completing HRA (Health Risk Assessments); determining the need for therapeutic medical, psycho-social, and psychiatric evaluations; reviewing general evaluations, treatment objectives, and plans.
- Establishes treatment programs by setting schedules and routines; coordinating services being provided; arranging resources, including transportation.
- Monitors cases by verifying patients' attendance; observing and evaluating treatments and responses; advocating for needed services and entitlements; obtaining additional resources; intervening in crises; providing personal support.
- Maintains patient records by reviewing case notes, and logging events and progress.
- Communicates patient’s progress by conducting interdisciplinary care team meetings and evaluations; disseminating results and obstacles to therapeutic team and family; identifying treatment influences.
- Coordinate discharge and post-discharge requirements; orient and train family members; provide resources.
- Creating and updating care plans for all patients actively enrolled in Care Management/Disease management program
- Reduce hospital admissions by coordinating outpatient care
- Reduce hospital re-admissions (Target 10% readmission rate)
- Enroll new patients by reviewing records and current member summaries, and conducting orientations.
- Must be able to communicate in English (Bilingual preferred)
- Healthcare experience will be preferable but not a mandatory requirement
- Must have their own transportation and be able to travel to PCP for Life nearby locations
- Must be able to work at least one weekend day
- Knowledge of eClinicalworks EMR will be a PLUS
Required Skill Sets
- Ability to communicate with patients on phone 80% of the time
- Performing duties with excellent customer service skills
Our employees are provided with:
- PTO and Vacation
- Health, Vision, and Dental Insurance
- Holiday Pay for major holidays
- Free office visits for immediate family
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $30,000.00 to $50,000.00 /year