- Do you want to make a difference in your community?
- Join our team, in our vibrant and impressive office and warehouse.
- Full-time Permanent Position.
The Greater Vancouver Food Bank (GVFB) is a non-profit
organization with a mission to provide healthy food to those in need. The GVFB
provides support to more than 8,500 people weekly across Vancouver, Burnaby,
New Westminster and the North Shore. We also provide food support to
approximately 80 community agencies throughout these communities, such as
housing agencies, women and children’s shelters and after school programs, who
in turn provide meals and snacks to thousands of people each week.
Our vision is to create healthy communities through fair and
effective food systems. Currently, the GVFB receives, purchases and distributes
4.5M lbs of food each year.
We provide a modern and inclusive office environment, with
excellent Skytrain accessibility and free parking. Our competitive benefit
plans for this position include: healthcare/dental/vision, 3 weeks accrued
vacation leave and a Group Registered Retirement Savings Plan. Your birthday
and a personal day are additional paid days off.
The GVFB is a certified Living Wage Employer! This recognizes the
GVFB’s commitment to paying fair wages, upholding good work standards for our
employees and contributing to poverty reduction and a higher standard of living
in our community.
- Professional Growth – mentoring,
professional development courses and conferences.
- Financial Growth – competitive salary and
- Personal Growth – be part of a close and
supportive team with strong leadership.
The GVFB is searching for a talented and professional Database
Administrator to join our dynamic Development team.They are responsible for the
day-to-day administration and management of the Raiser’s Edge donor database in
support of all development activities.
This role is responsible for all gift entry and processing, maintenance
of constituent records and general database management. Key responsibilities include
processing and acknowledging gifts in a timely manner, maintaining donor
records including contact information and preferences, importing data and data
organization, hygiene and security.
- Accurately records monetary and in-kind
donations into Raiser’s Edge and sends donation receipts in a timely manner according
to GVFB’s established practices;
- Receives and sorts mail (or supervises volunteers
in this role) and prepares donations for gift entry;
- Manages and supervises batch creation and
reviewing batches for accuracy including accurate coding of campaign, appeal,
fund and package;
- Creates appeals for the Direct Mail
program and adds appeals and packages to donor records being contacted;
- Manages record and gift imports from
Luminate Online (as well as other third-party gift sources – CanadaHelps,
Benevity) through effective use of Import-O-Matic;
- Works with Development staff to understand
or clarify donor intentions relating to use or purpose of gift, acknowledgment
- Creates new donor records and updates existing
records including all changes to contact information, activity status and
- Maintains a high level of data integrity, including
merging duplicate records and regularly running queries to flag data issues and
- Supports or assists the
Development team with donor research through queries, reports, dashboards, constituent
/ stakeholder lists;
- Collaborates with Finance to ensure
transparency and accuracy of data and procedures with Raiser’s Edge and assists
with month- and year-end reconciliation;
- Creates and updates gift entry policies
and procedures on a regular basis and updates training and coaching of volunteers
and other team members as required.
attributes and core skills
- Excellent working knowledge of Raisers
- Solid knowledge of donors services
practices in a fundraising environment;
- Understanding of CRA regulations for recording
and receipting of charitable donations;
- Strong computer skills including a high
level of proficiency in Microsoft Office tools;
- Excellent organizational skills including
the ability to identify priorities, work independently, meet deadlines and use
logic and analysis to solve computer software problems;
- Proven ability to communicate effectively
both verbally and in writing with colleagues and volunteers is essential;
- Ability to exercise decisiveness and good
judgment in situations requiring the evaluation of information to reach creative
Qualifications and experience
- 1+ years’ experience with full
responsibility for Raiser’s Edge in a not-for-profit organization preferred;
- Raisers Edge certification an asset;
- Experience working with Luminate Online
- Data entry experience;
- Highly skilled in all aspects of Microsoft
We are actively recruiting for this
position and encourage you to apply now if you are keen on this opportunity!
Please submit your resume and
cover letter in one PDF document.
A criminal record check for working with
vulnerable sectors is required upon hiring.
Due to high volume applications, only
those applicants under consideration will be contacted.
Please accept our utmost appreciation for
your interest. The Greater Vancouver Food Bank is an Equal Employment
Opportunity employer. Applications will be treated in strict confidence.