Job Title: Events Coordinator
Reports to: Director of Development
Messenger International is a ministry with a divine calling to develop uncompromising followers of Christ who transform our world and therefore, this position will be filled by a candidate who 1) embodies the core beliefs of our organization with respect to God, The Bible, and God’s function in our everyday life and 2) champions our fundamental commitment as an organization to spread the gospel to the world.
Responsible for advancing Messenger International’s vision by being a masterful multitasker and a deft negotiator who can bring all the details together to create memorable and stunning events for our partners.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Providing an event proposal for each event assigned that will be approved by the Director of Development
· Liaise with vendors, exhibitors, and stakeholders during the event planning process to ensure everything is in order
· Responsible for venue, décor, and participant logistics for each event
· Book venues and schedule guests, which includes confirmation and day-of logistics
· Serves as the main point of contact for any and all problems that arise during events
· Works closely with the Events Administrator to make purchases, coordinate event logistics and assign other Messenger Team members duties related to events
· Works with Finance and Relations departments to ensure all applicable registration payments are collected prior to event
· Manage all event set-up, tear down, and follow-up processes.
· Maintaining a working knowledge of the complex needs of a wide variety of events
· Other duties as assigned
Education and/or Experience:
· High School Diploma or equivalent
· 1-3 years of experience with event planning/coordinating or hospitality management
· Proficient in computer skills and basic software applications (Word, Excel, Gmail, etc.)
· Able to effectively communicate via phone, email, or text with team members and external contacts
· Must be reliable with a dedicated work ethic and willing to work in variety of event roles
· Must have ability to multitask and prioritize high volume of tasks, correspondence, and deadlines
· Must possess strong organizational skills and great attention to detail
· Must be analytical, composed, results-oriented, creative, energetic
· Must have ability to work independently, take initiative, and problem solve
· Must collaborate well with others
· Travel to events may be required. This will be 1-5 day trips up to 5x a year at the current event amount, but could increase with development of events
· Long workdays and weekend work may be required leading up to and during events
· To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily:
o Must be able to lift and move up to 70 pounds without assistance
o Must be able to reach and remove heavy items without assistance
Colorado Springs Area. MUST BE A U.S CITIZEN OR PERMANENT RESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES TO QUALIFY FOR THIS POSITION.
Full-time, 40-hour work week with the potential for occasional overtime. This is an exempt position and is not subject to overtime pay.
This position has a salary range of $45,000 – $55,000, depending on qualifications and experience.
· Health, Dental, AD&D & Life insurance
· Paid time off
· Employee Assistance Program
· Maternity/Paternity leave benefits after 3-year tenure
· Nine holidays off