US Lacrosse, the national governing body of lacrosse, announces an opening for an experienced Manager of Membership & Regional Development for New York, Pennsylvania & West Virginia Region working as part of the Foundation & Membership Team. The successful candidate is proactive, self-disciplined, organized and attentive to detail. The candidate has a passionate desire to serve the US Lacrosse customer. If you believe you can bring your own unique spirit, then US Lacrosse is the place to be.
ABOUT US LACROSSE:
US Lacrosse, a 501(c)(3) nonprofit corporation, is the national governing body of men’s and women’s lacrosse and the home of the nation’s fastest-growing team sport. US Lacrosse coordinates all activities of the U.S. National Teams Program and has nearly 450,000 members across the country. Through responsive and effective leadership, US Lacrosse provides programs and services to inspire participation while protecting the integrity of the sport.
IMPORTANT NOTE: All applicants must submit a brief cover letter, resume and minimum salary requirements to be considered for the position directly via gethired.com to ensure completion of application even if applying through another site. Relocation expenses are generally not included for USL job openings.
The New York, Pennsylvania & West Virginia Regional Manager is responsible for developing a comprehensive understanding of their geographic region. This position requires experience and skill in sales, marketing and territory management in an effort to engage, retain and acquire local lacrosse organizations (LLO’s) as US Lacrosse members. The regional manager is also responsible for driving the growth of the sport in addition to advocating for the use of US Lacrosse best practices and national standards.
The position will measure, monitor and manage the delivery and implementation of USL programs, services and resources to the region directly from national and supported locally by chapters.
This person will be expected to educate and promote the US Lacrosse member value proposition directly to youth lacrosse leagues/organizations, scholastic based lacrosse organizations, US Lacrosse chapters and private enterprises, including club programs. The four US Lacrosse Chapters (4) include: Greater Rochester, Hudson Valley, Western New York & Philadelphia.
While US Lacrosse is based in Sparks, Maryland, this position is a remote position. Candidates should live in the same region as this position supports.
Expected hours to work:
- US Lacrosse core business hours are 8am to 8pm Monday thru Friday and 10am to 2pm on Saturday. This position is generally expected to work 8:30am to 5pm Monday thru Friday, and requires regular evenings and weekends, as needed.
- This position requires extensive travel, approximately 30% of a calendar year with seasonal fluctuation. The travel is primarily within the region; but also requires attendance at the annual National Convention, annual Local Lacrosse Leadership Conference and regional meetings.The region is defined as New York, Pennsylvania & West Virginia encompassing; New York (NY City and Long Island not included), Pennsylvania and West Virginia.
- Lacrosse experience is not required for this position. Knowledge of sales and territory management is required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Engage, Retain and Acquire US Lacrosse Member Organizations (Youth Leagues, LLO’s and Clubs)
- Drive community and recreation-based youth leagues and organizations to grow their program by providing programmatic support directly from USL national and supported by US Lacrosse Chapters. (e.g. Try Lax, CDP clinics, ODP clinics, PE Workshops, Growth Initiatives)
- Deliver sales and marketing membership presentations to local lacrosse organizations (LLO’s) within the region.
- Monitor, Measure and manage the membership database as it pertains to youth league organizations assuring that USL has current contact information and organizational structure.
- Work with Chapters to support community- based youth initiatives in areas designated as high potential growth regions.
2. Develop effective, engaging and fiscally responsible Chapters within the geographic region. Work closely with chapter leadership to assist them in their role as the local wise voices and US Lacrosse champions that help facilitate the connections within the region to support the growth of the sport.
- Manage internal operational procedures to help Chapter leadership develop and execute annual budgets and strategic plans.
- Oversee the annual chapter certification process in order to maintain good standing with the USL 501c3 designation.
- Facilitate collaboration/communications between Chapter, US Lacrosse National and Local Lacrosse Organizations.
3. Work to encourage Local Lacrosse Organizations to align with US Lacrosse best practices and national standards.
- USL Official Regional and State Coordinators, Local Officials Associations (LOA) and Local Lacrosse Organizations (LOO): Encourage collaboration between local official’s organizations, and local lacrosse organizations to support recruitment, training and certification of officials
- USL National and Private Enterprise (For Profit Companies): Identify and facilitate communication between best practice private enterprises as resources for league/organizations coach, official and player clinics.
4. Drive US Lacrosse National Standards, including youth appropriate rules, best practices and safety and risk management initiatives.
5. Foster collaboration between USL and leagues to drive progress along the continuum toward certification.
Core values & Competencies:
- We Influence – Written and Verbal Communication
- We Serve - Customer Focused
- We Create & Innovate - Creativity
- We Collaborate – Peer Relationships
- We are Humble & Honest – Integrity and Trust
- We Embrace Individuality – Diversity
- We Have Fun - Humor
This position does not require supervisory responsibility.
- Minimum of 2 years professional organizational sales or management experience
- Experience in program sales and deployment
- Proven track record of success in relationship sales
- Experience with budget management and strategic planning
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to maintain focus on priorities, while responding quickly to the unexpected requests
- Ability to set program metrics, interpret analytics, report and measure quantifiable results
- Work independently in a fast-paced environment
- Handle confidential information discreetly
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office 365 business applications and various reporting software
- Strong project management, business writing and reporting skills
- Exceptional interpersonal and verbal communication skills
- Solid business acumen, management, analytical and problem-thinking skills
- Ability to work a flexible full-time work schedule to include weekends and evenings
- Lacrosse knowledge and/or experience
- National non-profit organizational experience highly regarded, including work with boards/volunteer management
- Experience working with Sales Force ©
Additional Eligibility Qualification:
- A current and valid driver’s license and proof of insurance is required, along with access to reliable transportation
- Reliable internet service and cell phone required
Work Conditions and Physical Requirements:
This job operates in a professional (or home) office environment and routinely uses standard office equipment. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is:
- Regularly required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; talk or hear
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works in outside weather conditions, including occasional extreme temperatures
- Occasionally lift and move boxes, supplies and equipment up to 20-50 lbs
- Will experience prolonged sitting, keying of data and speaking on the phone
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position. The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by US Lacrosse as the needs of the organization and the requirements of the job evolve. Your employment with US Lacrosse is voluntary and is subject to termination by you or US Lacrosse at will, with or without cause, and with or without notice, at any time.
US Lacrosse Inc is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled