Job Title: Bartender
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
A bartender mixes and serves alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks and food to patrons of the restaurant.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
· Responsible for set up, maintenance and breakdown of the bar
· Accurately takes drink and food orders from patrons
· Prepares drinks consistently according to standard recipes
· Monitors and stocks bar levels, including but not limited to alcoholic beverages, non-alcoholic beverages, mixers, fruit, garnishments and other ingredients, glass ware, eating utensils, etc.
· Handles all bar payments and transactions
· Assists with beverage inventories
· Greets all guests warmly and is prompt, attentive and responsive to guest needs and requests;
· Assists in seating customers in the bar area, when necessary
· Possesses superior beer, wine and food knowledge
· Orders and serves food quickly and accurately
· Communicates with staff, including but not limited to the kitchen and host
· Submits drink orders into register, collects payment and makes changes
· Ensures glassware is washed and sterilized
· Prepares garnishes for drinks
· Attends required trainings and meetings
· Delivers an exceptional experience through outstanding hospitality and food service to the guests
· Verify that all guests who purchase alcohol are at least 21 years of age
· Maintains a clean, sanitary and safe work area in a fast-paced environment
· Safeguard cash and credit card information received by customers for payment of services
· Maintain knowledge about the Restaurant’s food and beverage offerings, and cocktail and drink recipes, to communicate with customers and make recommendations
Other Duties and Competencies
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
· Continuous Learning - Seeks feedback and opportunities to improve performance
· Job Knowledge - Competent in cocktail recipes, beverage offerings (including beer and wine), menu and food offerings, use of bartending tools, POS system, and processes for inventory management, etc.
· Independence – Ability to work and meet deadlines with minimal supervision
· Use of Technology - Demonstrates required skills
· Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner
· Customer Service - Responds promptly to customer needs
· Oral Communication - Strong communication and interpersonal skills; speaks clearly and in a professional manner
· Ethics - Works with honesty, integrity and professionalism
· Organizational Support - Follows restaurant policies and procedures
· Sales Skills - Maintains customer satisfaction and consistently uses suggestive and up-selling techniques
· Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time
· Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction
· Efficient - Completes work in timely manner
· Alcohol Guidelines – Ensure that all state, local and restaurant guidelines regarding responsible service of alcohol are strictly adhered to. Ensure that alcohol is consumed in designated areas only
· Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures
· Focus – Ability to perform job functions with attention to detail, speed and accuracy in a fast-paced environment
· Education and/or Experience - Prior bartending experience is preferred
· Certificates, Licenses, Registrations - TIPS Certification preferred
· Physical Demands - While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is required to stand and walk for extended periods of time. The job may also require the employee to twist and bend frequently. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
· Interpersonal Skills – Strong verbal and written communication skills. Can interact, engage and communicate well with others.
The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. The Company may modify the above description, from time to time, as necessary. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor.
Companies managed by Long Shot Hospitality are Equal Opportunity Employers that do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, marital status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, citizenship status, service member status or any other classifications protected by local, state and federal laws.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of their job.
This job description is not a contract for employment. Employment at companies managed by Long Shot Hospitality is on an “at-will” basis and is for no definite period and may be terminated at any time with or without cause and with or without notice. Equally, employees are free to terminate their employment at any time for any reason. This at-will employment policy applies to all employees of companies owned by Long Shot Hospitality.