Purchasing and Design Associate
Sprague Hotel Developers, a growing, award-winning hotel owner/operator, is actively hiring the role Purchasing and Design Associate. The ideal candidate is an organized and motivated individual who has a passion for design and the creation of welcoming and attractive spaces for our guests and team members.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Purchasing and Design Associate is involved in all phases of our hotel construction and renovation projects and is integral to the project’s success. As a critical component to the project team, the Purchasing and Design Associate provides dedicated support to the Director of New Project Construction through project planning, product selection and decision making, vendor solicitation, and the PO/expediting process. The Purchasing and Design Associate develops a deep understanding of the details of each project to supply material for a successful project execution and the creation of hotel spaces that allow us to provide the award-winning hospitality to our guests.
• Become an integral support component of the Sprague Hotels team
• Support team members by updating delivery status reports
• Collaborate on establishing systems and operating efficiencies
• Source vendors and cultivate existing vendor relationships
• Provide feedback and engage with the team on material and product selection
• Dedicated support to a Director of New Project Construction
• Update various reports as it pertains to tracking and vendor contact list
• Maintain onsite organization with communication amongst contractors and operations team.
• Collect administrative documents during the close-out processes
• Assist with vendor communication; maintaining proper lead times; and expediting orders
• Maintain and update project timelines relating to purchasing scope of work
• Maintain FF&E internal operations, ensuring information is updated regularly within our network of vendors.
• Assist with locating alternate options for products and materials that cannot be supplied or are too costly
• Assist with creating communications to both trusted vendors and new vendors in the sourcing process
• Assist with resolving supplier issues
• Follow-up with internal team onsite to maintain information related to all damages
• Work with Accounting to submit invoices; track payment; and categorize vendors
• Experience in interior design, commercial construction administration or strong success in an adjacent industry with strong references
• High Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
• Effective written and verbal communication skills
• High attention to detail, especially with numbers
• High level of organization and follow through
• Interest in interior design/architecture and the process of creating hotel spaces
• Bachelor's or Associates Degree or equivalent work experience
• 1 year of experience in commercial construction, interior design/architecture, or an adjacent industry
- Experience working in hospitality industry would be of benefit
Full time, 40 hours per week, on-site
• Medical, Vision, Dental, and Life
• 401(k) with company match
• Competitive salary
• Team Member Discounts at Hilton, Marriott, Choice, or IHG Properties
Please visit our careers page to see more job opportunities.
Apply for this Position