Part-time Production Assistant
Our employees are the most valuable assets we have. The collective sum of the individual differences, life experiences, knowledge, inventiveness, innovation, self-expression, unique capabilities, and talent that our employees invest in their work represents a significant part of not only our culture, but our reputation and the organization’s achievement as well.
At ArtsQuest a diverse, inclusive, and equitable workplace is one where all employees feel valued and respected whatever their age, color, disability, ethnicity, family or marital status, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, and/or veteran status. We embrace and encourage our employees’ characteristics that make them unique, because we value and appreciate diverse life experiences.
Reports to: Director of Production and Production Manager
Responsible for sound, lights, video, stage builds, room and system set up, artist and client support in order to provide an exceptional event experience to include concerts, festivals, corporate presentations and special events. Responsible for additional duties during festivals and events i.e., runner, loading, rigging, etc.
Note: This position supports all our live music venues (ArtsQuest Center Musikfest Café, Levitt Pavilion, Palette and Pour, Blast Furnace Room, Town Square, Banana Factory Arts and Cultural Center, etc.). No studio experience is required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required: 1-3 years active production experience to include but is not limited to:
- Willing to share knowledge and mentor less-seasoned crew.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work cooperatively and communicate effectively with employees, professional musicians, customers, artists, technicians and volunteers with diplomacy and patience.
- Experience with data entry and proficiency with Excel and other Microsoft Office programs. Google applications such as: Google Docs, Google Drive etc.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including evenings and weekends and holidays when needed.
- Corporate experience; setting up systems, computers, presentations, mics, lights, sound, etc.
- Flexibility/versatility in doing whatever it takes to get the job done.
- A valid driver’s license and safe driving record.
- Responsible for set up and tear down of stage and sound equipment.
- Experience mixing Monitors and Front of House.
- Experience with digital consoles which includes but is not limited to: AVID Profile, Digico SD12, Digico S21, Allen and Heath QU16.
- Responsible for rigging, patching, and programming various light fixtures.
- Experience with Avolite consoles, ETC Ion, and Chamsys Magic Q.
- TV/Film lighting is a plus.
- Responsible for various camera systems; technology includes but is not limited to Black Magic Design ATEM switcher
- Solid technical ability and understanding of corporate AV, and troubleshooting skills required.
- Postproduction knowledge is recommended.
- Live streaming experience a plus.
Note: This is a part-time position that works during concerts, festivals, and events as needed; hours fluctuate depending on our scheduled events. As job descriptions cannot be exhaustive, the position holder may be required to undertake other duties that are broadly in line with the above key duties and as assigned by the supervisor when necessary.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to communicate, either verbally or in writing in English; bi-lingual capability is a plus. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is required to lift 25-50 pounds frequently, with or without reasonable accommodation. Ability to safely climb ladders, stoop, kneel, bend, reach and twist safely. Employee is frequently required to travel between our facilities, all within 1 mile of one another using reliable personal transportation. Employee is occasionally required to travel offsite for business meetings, equipment pickups or deliveries as needed.
ArtsQuest demonstrates its Core Values of: Serve our Communities, Be Curious, Act Generously, Be Transparent and Find Joy in all aspects of our culture. It is our goal to maintain these values to consistently deliver exceptional experiences to our employees and our community.
ArtsQuest is committed to fostering, cultivating, and preserving a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion. Our employees are the most valuable assets we have. The collective sum of the individual differences, life experiences, knowledge, inventiveness, innovation, self-expression, unique capabilities, and talent that our employees and volunteers invest in their work represents a significant part of not only our culture but our reputation and the organization's achievement as well.
At ArtsQuest, a diverse, inclusive, and equitable workplace is one where all employees feel valued and respected whatever their age, color, disability, ethnicity, family or marital status, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, and/or veteran status. We embrace and encourage our employees' characteristics that make them unique because we value and appreciate diverse life experiences.
FLSA Status: Hourly; competitive rate commensurate with prior relevant work experience.
ArtsQuest is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Please visit our careers page to see more job opportunities.