The Barback is responsible for keeping bartenders supplied with ice, mixers, liquor and beer as well as clean glassware.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Assists with opening and closing duties, such as restocking the bar with garnishes, straws, and napkins, ensuring bartenders have clean towels, glassware, etc.
- Ensures the bar is well stocked with ice, liquor, wine, and beer.
- Keeps the bar clean by wiping down surfaces, sweeping and mopping, removing soiled glassware, scrubbing coolers and storage areas, and emptying trash receptacles.
- Ability to learn about menu items ad memorizing cocktail recipes.
- Take orders, prepare drinks, bus tables, open tabs, and process payments during busy peak hours.
- Communicate with guests using clear and enthusiastic words, tone and body language at all times. Make guests feel appreciated through barback’s actions.
- Monitor and ensure that no guest receives more than the allowed number of specific drinks.
- Report to work in a neat and clean uniform. Well-groomed hair and personal hygiene are essential.
- All guests must be treated in a manner to ensure their complete satisfaction. Always strive to exceed guests’ expectations.
- Performs other duties as directed.
- Weekly attendance to Aloha Culture meeting.
- Communication Proficiency.
- Guest Focus.
- Organizational Skills.
- Stress Management/Composure.
- Time Management.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates behind the bar and may be working in close proximity to team members. The noise level in the work environment can be loud. Hazards may include, but are not limited to, cuts, slipping and tripping.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping and crouching. The position may require lifting of products weighing up to 50 pounds.
PHYSICAL ENVIROMENTAL DEMANDS:
Stand- Over 3/4th of the time
Walk- Over 3/4th of the time
Sit- Under 1/3rd of the time
Use hands to fingers, handle or feel- Over 2/3rd of the time
Reach with arms and hands- Over 2/3rd of the time
Climb or balance- Up to 1/3rd of the time
Stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl- Up to 2/3rd of the time
Talk or hear- Over 2/3rd of the time
Lift minimum of 5lbs.- 50 lbs.- Over 1/3rd of the time
Adherence to all policy and procedures delineated in the ICONA Handbook
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. This role requires forty, plus hours to include, nights weekends and holidays.
No travel is expected for this position.
Required Education and Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Must be of legal age according to state regulations to serve alcohol.
- Prior restaurant experience.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Compliant with state Alcoholic Beverage Control regulations.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.